Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Because all 6 chambers are loaded.

That is 6 times more fatal.
    And zero opportunities to cycle and hiss

User

Default Re: S&W model 547 9mmP revolver - anyone ever see or handle one?

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    Isn't Jerry Miculek shooting with one? Which S&W revolver did he use to set his world record?
    The last vid of uncle Jerry I watched showed him shooting a S&W mod 929 revolver. This is a 8-shot 9mmP built on a N-frame and using moon clips.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The IMI revolver apparently was more conventional using moon clips and the use of revolvers is very different to traditional Israeli doctrine.
    So they can carry them with all 6 chambers empty?

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    The last vid of uncle Jerry I watched showed him shooting a S&W mod 929 revolver. This is a 8-shot 9mmP built on a N-frame and using moon clips.
    Ah yes, of course - it is the mod 929 that he used.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    HKS made speedloaders for them

I've traced a bit of the Israeli claim and while they may have looked at them I don't think they were part of the design spec. The French background seems a lot more likely and I recall that periodicals of the time only mentioned the link to the French.

The IMI revolver apparently was more conventional using moon clips and the use of revolvers is very different to traditional Israeli doctrine.
    You seem to be right with regards to the HKS speedloaders but do we even have them here in SA?
    Yes, the French connection. Even some publications about this one. "The forgotten K-frame" being one of them. Well both stories are very popular. Maybe I should send S&W an email. They have the historic branch. Would be interesting to know which story is the correct one. Either one of them is very believable and hence they both continued to this day.

User

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    Isn't Jerry Miculek shooting with one? Which S&W revolver did he use to set his world record?
    Jerrys IDPA revolver is a 625JM in 45ACP, as far as I am aware that is the one he broke the record with.
    In ICORE and USPSA he uses a S&W 929, a 8 Shot 9mm, he used that to put a shot on target at 1000 yards, just to rub it in a bit
    His steel challenge gun is a modified 327 in 38 Super shooting Moonclips

Banned

Yes, the S&W 547 was made for the French Nat'l Police, in both a 3" and 4"bbl. These did have the special cylinders that allowed for proper ejection w/o moon clips. HKS did (does?) make speedloaders for them (Model M-547).

It seems the Israelis did buy some as well, but for use in what capacity and which bbl length, I don't know. Excellent guns, very accurate, essentially a m10/13 heavy bbl variant w/ special cylinders and partially bobbed hammers.....I think some of the 4" ones had lanyard loops on the butt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2