User

Default As I dig a little deeper.......

I want to say thanks to you guys for bringing the RAS-47 trunnion issue to my attention. Now I am both worried and bummed at the same time. Essentially, the rifle must go back to Century Arms AFAIC. Today, I sent them an E mail regarding this issue. I will let you know what they say.

The trunnion on my rifle overhangs the receiver on the left side. Not by much but by enough...perhaps .016". To me this means there is going to be premature wear because of it.....and possibly a small percentage of support lost in that area to any part riding on or over the piece that is not installed 100% straight. Given the fact this part and the bolt etc is cast and not forged, this maybe increases odds for a failure.

Then too.....if you are going to build something,especially a firearm that could go *KABOOM* ....why not build the stupid thing straight? I've since read of others having RAS rifles with crooked trunnions.

Top down:Bottom....... left side view looking up at it:

Across the top of the rifle: Very obvious....makes the whole gun look skeef.

I bought the RAS because "assault weapons" were going away Jan1st of this year....no more sales in CA. So if my rifle needs to be replaced....well, the receiver with the serial number....how is that going to work? I'm concerned that the State of CA is not going to let me process a new AK rifle. Not too happy about all this.

Well....it's either back to Century and try to have them repair it, perhaps ask to upgrade to forged parts.

Or contact my buddy the gunsmith who builds excellent AK's....and have him take it apart and reassemble it, also with forged parts.

User

Default Re: As I dig a little deeper.......

Tried calling them. I get the message "Were sorry but due to the high volume of calls we are experiencing, we are unable to answer your call at this time. For faster service, please visit us on the web at......."

What kind of BS is that? Is their call volume so high because of all the pissed off customers calling in?