Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Firearm App - Will this suffice as an endorsement from my line Manager?

[start]
    To Whom it may concern

This hereby declares that Mr X with ID number 123456 7890 123 is employed at XYZ as a ________ , Employee Number 123456.

In his capacity above He is required to attend to any issues that may occur during the night and early mornings which would entail driving considerable distances through dangerous areas at undesirable times to our offices and back home. I take the safety of My team seriously and in the event of any violent incident I always encourage My team to fully utilize the services of South African Police Service.

With the threat to Life becoming increasingly more common, I would recommend in addition to using SAPS, any further means of self-defense to My Team members whilst outside of the XYZ campus.

Mr X is of sound mind and has not displayed any signs of mental disorders or abnormal aggression in his 3 years of service to my department.

Please accept this as my personal endorsement for Him to carry a Firearm for self-defense purposes.

Kind Regards,
    XYZ Manager
    [end]

This is both for emphasis on my safety while traveling at nights and also my mental state.

Let me know your thoughts please Gents.

Regards,
    Clintie

User

Default Re: Firearm App - Will this suffice as an endorsement from my line Manager?

Are you a security guard or first responder?

I'd leave it out, but that's me

User

Default Re: Firearm App - Will this suffice as an endorsement from my line Manager?

CFR will tell him to get a Firearm for business purposes, not a license for self defence. Be a reference for him but don't add this letter.

Quote Originally Posted by neilh View Post
    Are you a security guard or first responder?

I'd leave it out, but that's me
    No just in the broadcast TV industry so they dont have a policy of supplying weapons to staff members.

Clintie

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    CFR will tell him to get a Firearm for business purposes, not a license for self defence. Be a reference for him but don't add this letter.
    I see. Im trying to double up on the need to provide a letter that I'm not insane and that I am traveling at undesirable hours that can have an effect on my personal safety, but if your company has a no firearms policy its a bit difficult to justify it.

Its a tricky one.... I will await any further advice.

Clintie

User

Your soundness of mind was already established with your competency certificate application. If you feel it necessary to bring it up, refer the reader to the character references filed with that original application.

The CFR have in the past declined S13 applications where the applicant mentions that they need protection to, from, or while performing work. The reason they give for this is that they believe the employer should be supplying the firearm and/or protection measures in that case. This is rubbish, of course, but unless you want to take that fight to court, I would avoid mentioning your employment at all.

What you can say is that you arrive home late at night, although providing supporting documentation for this may be tricky, but you could always resort to a simple affidavit.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    Your soundness of mind was already established with your competency certificate application. If you feel it necessary to bring it up, refer the reader to the character references filed with that original application.

The CFR have in the past declined S13 applications where the applicant mentions that they need protection to, from, or while performing work. The reason they give for this is that they believe the employer should be supplying the firearm and/or protection measures in that case. This is rubbish, of course, but unless you want to take that fight to court, I would avoid mentioning your employment at all.

What you can say is that you arrive home late at night, although providing supporting documentation for this may be tricky, but you could always resort to a simple affidavit.
    Appreciate the feedback and advice. I will consider this as Im sure nobody wants to waste any time fighting this.

Thanks again.
    Clintie

User

Keep it simple.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

If you travel late at night then rather attach petrol slips and highlight the times.

User

Clint just remember what ever you state in your application you need to show proof of in writing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast