Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Bizarre SAPS Procedure

This past weekend a guy here in Kroonstad shot an intruder in his grandmother's yard. He was stabbed in the arm, retreated, tried to wrestle with the guy, guy tried to stab him again and he shot him in the heart with a .38 snub. Single entry wound in the chest, no exit wound. Guy climbed over the wall and fell dead on the ground. Now this is where it gets weird. His firearm was perfectly legal, had the license on him everything. After confiscating the weapon in question, they drove him to his house and he had to hand over ALL his other weapons, all of which were legal because they concerned he might shoot someone else.... One of our club members and CPF member on the scene was with them the whole time while this was happening. He was also arrested and spent the weekend in jail because he couldn't afford a lawyer.

Now my question is... since when do police confiscate all you're other weapons if one was involved in a shooting? Is it because he didn't have a lawyer with him?

User

Default Re: Bizarre SAPS Procedure

Yes and no.

Yes because they are ignorant of the law and no because they do not care as the have the state to fund their legal cost if sued .

That is the sad state of affairs.

User

Eish. That's not cool.
    The only scenario where your other weapons would be taken (this is only relevant to when you are at home, ie) is when you have other weapons of the same caliber.
    Reason being, you could theoretically swap out your one 9mm for another 9mm to skew balistics.

That said, with the procedures that get followed sometimes, it's a lucky packet draw as to what they decide to do.

User

I can imagine all weapons being taken away when the shooting took place on the premises where they are kept. Baring in mind that the policeman responding would not be able to determine the calibre used in the shooting by looking at the wound in the body.

However driving over to his house and confiscating all weapons does sound bizarre. Might be more to the story that meets the eye?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ddeswardt View Post
    I can imagine all weapons being taken away when the shooting took place on the premises where they are kept. Baring in mind that the policeman responding would not be able to determine the calibre used in the shooting by looking at the wound in the body. However driving over to his house and confiscating all weapons does sound bizarre. Might be more to the story that meets the eye?
    I very much doubt it. He wasn't drunk, they tested. His license didn't expire. He was shaken up so he talked very little and according to the guy that was there nothing suspicious was said or done by him. Also, it took place at his grandmother's house and he was clearly attacked. He needed a lot stitches to his arm made by a de-boning knife.

Banned

Intimidation and a good measure of overreaction?

User

I just heard an interesting story. Apparently the police suspect he was shot while climbing over the wall and not where they said it happened. That is apparently why he was arrested. Interesting...

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

User

Always 3 sides to a story.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    I just heard an interesting story. Apparently the police suspect he was shot while climbing over the wall and not where they said it happened. That is apparently why he was arrested. Interesting...
    Would be very interesting to see how they try to prove that...

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Would be very interesting to see how they try to prove that...
    Blood splat.. bullet trajectory?

The lack of evidence that he was ever on thier side?

This does make for a very interesting read.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast