Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Glock sights

User

Default Re: Glock sights

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCottonFluff View Post
    I battled with the choice too but when I thought about it, most of my threats will be in the car or the street during the day.
    I remember a saying, it goes something like "If you only prepare for the average gunfight, then you will be under-prepared 50% of the time".

User

There are pros and cons to both night sights and fibres on a carry gun. As long as your are cognisant of what those are you are , either can be workable.

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Trijicon HDs were the perfect inbetweener for me.Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!
    In between what? HD is arguably the fattest tritium front sight on the planet, barring the Meprolight barge that's fatter than the factory polymer.I was going to go with a Warren tritium set (thinnest front out there at just over half the width of the HD). But then the HD XR was announced....now that is an acceptable compromise.For context, this is on a M&P not a Glock so local options are far more limited.Both my Glocks sport either Warren or RHT fibres.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    I remember a saying, it goes something like "If you only prepare for the average gunfight, then you will be under-prepared 50% of the time".
    That's what the light will be for

User

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver_WP View Post
    In between what? HD is arguably the fattest tritium front sight on the planet, barring the Meprolight barge that's fatter than the factory polymer.I was going to go with a Warren tritium set (thinnest front out there at just over half the width of the HD). But then the HD XR was announced....now that is an acceptable compromise.For context, this is on a M&P not a Glock so local options are far more limited.Both my Glocks sport either Warren or RHT fibres.
    I like the 'fluorescent' orange paint on mine, find it easier to pick up and track my sights than I would an all back setup.

I also like them glowing on the dark, don't think I need to explain why the phosphorus tubes are some awesome.

The thickness has gotten to me, I'll admit and I'm also looking forward to the HD RXs should they ever come (what is the update on that anyway). I hope it's a simple front sight upgrade.

There.. my lil carry compromise.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

Fully agree on the value of the photoluminescent ring - miss mine. But when all I could see of an IDPA target at 20m was the head above the HD front, they had to go.

I'll drop ECM a mail enquiring if they have any sort of expected timeframe yet.

As for upgrading, the rear sight remains unchanged ito dimensions. The front is 0.015" higher and 0.022" narrower. I used the most popular 19/17/etc versions to compare. So guessing it's just a matter of swapping it out.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

The new Trijicon HD will have a thinner front post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver_WP View Post
    Fully agree on the value of the photoluminescent ring - miss mine. But when all I could see of an IDPA target at 20m was the head above the HD front, they had to go.

I'll drop ECM a mail enquiring if they have any sort of expected timeframe yet.

As for upgrading, the rear sight remains unchanged ito dimensions. The front is 0.015" higher and 0.022" narrower. I used the most popular 19/17/etc versions to compare. So guessing it's just a matter of swapping it out.
    Would a 0.015" higher front NOT result in a drop in POA/POI at say 20 meters and how much exactly are we taking about?

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Would a 0.015" higher front NOT result in a drop in POA/POI at say 20 meters and how much exactly are we taking about?

You'll shoot about 5cm lower. That is if my maths is correct.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Will101 View Post
    You'll shoot about 5cm lower. That is if my maths is correct.
    Ta!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3