Eemann products are made in Estonia, a small but very impressive country just to the south of Finland. Ranking in the top 20% of just about any world index you can think of, they are strong on education, manufacturing and technology. Skype is probably the most famous Estonian innovation.

Eemann’s range of performance products is equally impressive. Ranging from reliability products like magazine springs to performance products like competition hammers, triggers and springs. Of course I had to give it a try…

My wife always jokes that I’m my own best customer, but in this case case that honour belongs to her. These days she’s mostly the one taking my Shadow out to play, since I’ve switched to a pre-B a couple of years ago. She used to compete with it in SSP, but as luck would have it the IDPA “metal dust cover” rule fell away just as the first Eemann shipment arrived. Yay! So out came all the SSP performance goodies and in went the full suite of Eemann products: Competition hammer, single action trigger, adjustable sights and a plethora of competitions springs. The result came out beautifully. I didn’t want to go for the lightest, shortest everything, but rather go for a gun that would be easy to shoot. One of the aspects of Eemann that I really like is that they offer a wider range of options than most, and this allowed me to choose exactly the combination that I liked.

Competition hammer and trigger - The competition hammer is wide with an attractive design. More importantly, it gives a nice, crisp break. The main function of a single action trigger on a Shadow is to allow you to adjust the pre- and post travel on the trigger. In this case I opted not to minimise either, but to set it to a “comfortable” length. Single action triggers are available with smooth or serrated faces, in designs that allow one to cater for all finger lengths from short to extra long.

Springs – Competition recoil, hammer, trigger, sear and firing pin springs are available. Hammer and recoil springs are available in 1 pound increments. Again, this allowed me to choose a nice conservative trigger pull.

Sights – The attention to detail on Eemann’s front sights is really in a class of its own. The countersunk fiber holes allow the fiber to melt into a perfectly round circle. They are available in any combination of metal width (2.7mm and 3mm) and fiber diameter (1mm and 1.5mm). I’ve wanted to put an adjustable sight on the Shadow for a while now, but really prefer fiber optics. So when I had the opportunity to go for an adjustable fiber optic rear sight I grabbed it with both hands.

Magazine springs – Eemann makes magazine springs for the 16 round mags (standard), 18 round Shadow mags (+10%) and ... drumroll … the 17/19 round Mec Gar magazines (+10%). (I suppose that getting excited about a magazine spring is a bit sad, but so is not being able to give people looking for something a proper answer.)

While I can't say that I've put thousands of rounds through it yet, all indications are that Eemann products are going to be very popular.

All products can be viewed on the website: http://www.jizni.co.za/168-introducing-eemann . We'll be 'launching' them at Huntex with some great specials, so please come and have a look. Stand 226 in Hall 2.