Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Something to chew on

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    No, you can't buy .22Mag ammo on a .22LR license. Yes it is illegal. No...you can't just take a chance and hope for the best.
    Yes, it is illegal and I should have stated that my post should not be construed as advice, it is merely sharing my personal experience. I say again, I was not in illegal possession of the ammo as I did have a legally licenced rifle capable of firing it, even though CFR had issued the licence for said rifle with incorrect info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    An SAP521G and a Gunsmith report is the only way to do the correction, and good luck with them taking less than a year or 2 to process that. And you can't put it in with your application...they won't accept it or do it on licensing the firearm.
    The CFR couldn't get my licence for the .22Mag right anyway, even when I supplied the correct information so the way I see it I had no option but to work around their broken system. As DSG says, good luck with that. ;-)

If we really stuck to the letter of the law, where would I be able to get ".22 Pistol" ammo as per what is printed on my pistol licences in spite of having supplied the correct info when submitting my licence applications? The only .22 rimfire calibres I can think of offhand are: .22WMR, .22WRF, .22LR, .22L, .22S, .22BB, .22CB and then there are a few obselete ones like .22 Remington Auto. Only on the CFR database is there a calibre called ".22 Pistol".

The .22 rimfire situation is completely deurmekaar.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    My .22 pistol says .22 Pistol and my .22 rifles says .22 Long Rifle.

So... retarded CFR?
    I checked the Ruby licence. It says 22 Revolver 🤔

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

User

It is such a pity that we do not have any shooting organizations that the CFR could turn to for advice when there is a doubt as to the correct terminology.:)

User

I think I should start a thread in the lisencing section to ask if anyone who has a .22wmr firearm, to tell us what their liscense says?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pascoe View Post
    It is such a pity that we do not have any shooting organizations that the CFR could turn to for advice when there is a doubt as to the correct terminology.:)
    It is a fucking disgrace that a government entity set up to specialize in this should need such help.

User

It is because you have people with "Small person syndrome" such as Bothma running the CFR

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pascoe View Post
    That would require them to admit they dont know what they are doing and that they are wrong. But that would be great.

User

My Star pistol licence says "22 Pistol". My .22 Semi-Auto Rifle says "22 Short/Long/LR Rifle" and my .22 Bolt-action says "22 Long Rifle".

User

From looking through my licences it seems that irrespective of the calibre:

1) Rifles have the word "rifle" tacked onto the end of the calibre;
    2) Pistols have "pistol" tacked onto the calibre;
    3) Revolvers have "revolver" tacked onto the calibre
    4) Shotguns have "shotgun" tacked onto the calibre.
    5) Spare/extra barrels have "barrel" and "shotgun"/"pistol" tacked onto the calibre

Above applies for centrefire & rimfire and duplicates the info stated under "type"

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    From looking through my licences it seems that irrespective of the calibre:

1) Rifles have the word "rifle" tacked onto the end of the calibre;
    2) Pistols have "pistol" tacked onto the calibre;
    3) Revolvers have "revolver" tacked onto the calibre
    4) Shotguns have "shotgun" tacked onto the calibre.
    5) Spare/extra barrels have "barrel" and "shotgun"/"pistol" tacked onto the calibre

Above applies for centrefire & rimfire and duplicates the info stated under "type"
    Interesting indeed. I have a 9mmP revolver. (Ruger SP101.) From the start there was a problem, the first (green) license was issued with the type listed as "Pistol". Lots of correspondence between myself, dealer and (more aproachable then) CFR later, and a new license was issued with the correct type designation, i.e. "Revolver". Took quite a bit of convincing that such an animal does actually exist...

When the license was renewed, they made a plan. The type is now listed as "Handgun". (I was expecting another fight...) Calibre is "9mm Parabellum Pistol". I can live with that.

The NAA mousegun says Type: "Handgun", calibre: "22 Magnum Revolver".

There is still the issue that they want to connect the calibre with the action type. Quite the experts...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast