Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Calling all .22/.22wmr and 22hornet owners

Quote Originally Posted by Nella View Post
    My .22 hornet is labeled as .22 long rifle
    I'm in the same boat.

Handed in correction of information forms 3 times now and nothing yet.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    I'm in the same boat.

Handed in correction of information forms 3 times now and nothing yet.
    I am in the very same situation with the infamous Browning HP 9 mm Short/9 mm P conundrum. As long as you have a gunsmith report declaring the actual caliber of the firearm, you should be fine with purchasing ammo for it (together with your license card, of course).

User

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    I am in the very same situation with the infamous Browning HP 9 mm Short/9 mm P conundrum. As long as you have a gunsmith report declaring the actual caliber of the firearm, you should be fine with purchasing ammo for it (together with your license card, of course).
    I don't have the ammo problem, as I only reload for the rifle.

My only concern, is that one day I will be stopped in a roadblock by a cop that knows a little more than most, but not enough.
    At the end of the day I will come out on top, but the drama will not be worth it.

User

Nella & Gleock having 22 Hornets licenced as .22LR's makes my 22WRF licenced as .22LR pale into insignificance. ;-)

User

I have just received approvals for certain firearms and my DFO kindly printed these off the SAPS system for me. Attached to the approvals was a list of my licensed firearms and I noted the following:

- for my Walther .22 rifle the "caliber" column specifies ".22 Short/Long/LR". The license card states "22 Long Rifle"; and

- for my FN Browning .22 pistol the "caliber" column specifies ".22 Long/LR". The license card states .22LR Pistol".

So it may be worthwhile getting one of these SAPS enquiries and it may well show the correct .22 caliber.

Hmmm just thinking....so in respect of the Walther rifle, if I read this correctly, even though this is a .22LR, I could technically be in possession of .22 Short ammo....or is what is printed on the card all that counts.

If ehat on the card is gospel thrn im in groot kak because the Ruger Super Blackhawk. 44 Magnum I have just received a license for is now licensed as as "Norinco"!

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

If the .22LR firearm can fire .22 Short ammo, you're allowed to possess such ammo, as per the FCA

Now. Post us a pic of the Walther, please?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Fair point, I would not be surprised if the Walther could fire .22 short ammo. I have yet to experience a failure from it and its probably around 70 years old. Will have to check it out.

I will post a pic...

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4