Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default 3GN/DMG style drop box

Watched some videos and decided to knock this out. Needs a lick of paint and I need to secure the kick stand in a wider position still.
    Works great, thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Default Re: 3GN/DMG style drop box

Nice setup and used quite a bit in the states.

I however prefer a barrel or bin type setup as I can dump the rifle/shotgun much quicker.

This could appeal to guys who dont want to 'mess up' their long guns when dumping

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

The concept of dumping the pistol reeks of retardation.

Rather have a broad dump tray (or drum) that you can stage one long gun in and dump the other without mashing the two up against each other.

We have just taken plastic drums, cut them slightly shorter (for ease of access by those longitudinally under-endowed) and put a wooden divider board across the centre inside.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The concept of dumping the pistol reeks of retardation.

Rather have a broad dump tray (or drum) that you can stage one long gun in and dump the other without mashing the two up against each other.

We have just taken plastic drums, cut them slightly shorter (for ease of access by those longitudinally under-endowed) and put a wooden divider board across the centre inside.
    We have about 6 start tables at FBSSC, 4 of these have buckets screwed to the side so they have sit at a 45 degree angle. We find this works best as you only really dump your pistol when picking up a long gun. Felt and or cardboard can be used to make sure the gun doesnt bounce off the bottom of the bucket.

Having a dump barrel where 2 guns are touching or near each other is silly IMHO. They had them in the states at the Nationals in 2015 and no one liked them. Makes it very awkward when you are trying to pull a 26" gun with +12 extension out of the barrel. Much safer to use a table

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Having a dump barrel where 2 guns are touching or near each other is silly IMHO. They had them in the states at the Nationals in 2015 and no one liked them. Makes it very awkward when you are trying to pull a 26" gun with +12 extension out of the barrel. Much safer to use a table
    Yeah, that's not what I said, and not how it works at all.

I'll take a photo of our dump drums when i get a chance and post here.
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Why would you dump your pistol if you are obliged to have a holster in DMG? Or is it a 3G thing?

User

Quote Originally Posted by GK21 View Post
    Why would you dump your pistol if you are obliged to have a holster in DMG? Or is it a 3G thing?
    It's faster to dump the pistol than to reholster it. You can choose to do either in 3GN and the COF design must have an option to dump your pistol if a transition is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    It's faster to dump the pistol than to reholster it. You can choose to do either in 3GN and the COF design must have an option to dump your pistol if a transition is needed.
    And if you need it again, later in the CoF?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative. I have only participated in one 3GN (trial) match.
    Unknown Barbarian

User

a significant bump on that wooden rack thingy..... and stuff's gonna get real interesting real soon, lol

User

....I thought it was some weird 3GN thing. It would be sacrilege (and a DQ) in DMG to dump your pistol....particularly if you might run out of rifle or shotgun rounds and need to finish with your pistol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast