Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    if you are looking for a .45, I can highly recommend the BUL 1911 Government. It is very well fitted and comes with a bull barrel and will only require a magwell. You might want to add some other things along the way but it will be down to personal choice. The gun "as is" is incredible value.

Speak to the folks at Rescomp for a price. You can also discuss a "custom built " Classic gun with Tazio at Rescomp 012 333 4768.

*disclaimer: I am a Bul sponsored shooter, but it is without a doubt THE BEST pistol I have ever owned and I would gladly pay my own money to buy any Bul pistol*
    Are these the polymer-framed 1911's?

User

Default Re: Which new 1911 for classic division?

Nope, Bul makes complete line of steel frame, 1911 pistols as well.

You are not allowed to use a polymer frame in Classic division

User

Thanks. I was under the impression that they were all polymer framed, which seemed like it would be a disadvantage

The fact that one make is the standard by which all others are measured sais something.Colt may not be the most innovative but you cannot argue with the fact that they make two things really well.AR and 1911.

User

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    I am lucky enough to have a Sig Tacops in .45 and the Match Elite in 9mm (just finished repaying her indoors!), both are the traditional shape. Gotta say I thoroughly enjoy them both.

I've had one jam in the Tacops (that was in the first 100 rounds) and since then no jams (now close to 1000 rounds) and no jams at all in the 9mm (about 800 rounds too date).

As the guys say above, if you want to seriously compete go for a 9mm. The Match Elite 9mm is capable of out shooting my average performances but used correctly, it is a potent gun in Classic IPSC, as evidenced by the log positions of the guys who use the Sig and can really shoot.

Here in the Cape, one of the top guys uses a Kimber, I don't think he would be disadvantaged if he used the Sig, I see very little difference in the performance ability of either guns. I see the Kimber has an internal extractor, the Sig an external extractor but frankly internal/external extractor arguments are above my paygrade.

The .45ACP Tacops is just great. The trigger on my .45ACP is slightly lighter than the 9mm and the .45 ACP comes with more magazines and a magwell; given it is a competition gun, I'd have thought the Match Elite would at least get a magwell! Go figure.

I use both Wilson and McCormick magazines in the .45ACP with no issues.

The only issue I've had with the Match Elite 9mm is that the Mecgar magazines don't work in my Sig. The Wilson's, no problem, but the Mecgar don't lock back. Not a problem in IPSC I suppose but I have relegated those mags to practice only...on the rare occasions I dry fire!

Anyway, I immensely enjoy shooting and competing with both Sigs and have difficultly choosing between them each match; so to be fair to both, I use the 9mm in IPSC and the .45ACP in IDPA. The only issue is what happens to the rotation system when I buy the Colt Commander....

Whatever you go for (and if the you get bitten hard by the 1911 bug), you'll find a 1911 is for life, when all other guns are just temporary.

Cheers
    S
    Thanks for the feedback! Have you tried the Tacops with Mecgar mags?

User

Will Franco have stock of the non-bull barrel full size/govt. 1911's? I need a 1911 that works like it should for CDP div...And I have had this need since my wife got her 1911.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3