Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Was robbed today

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Except it's your phone. So how does that help the complainant?
    How do you prove it ? If there's cctv of you flashing your gun and having the guy give over "his" phone, you're in s***. Good luck finding the proof of purchase while you sit in a cell.

User

What benefit does the guy in the car have of putting a case against you for pointing a firearm?

Absolutely fokkol

264WinMag I think you did the right thing.
    Sorry about all the real sissy replays you got. Seems like a lot of guys will just roll over and play dead. Most of our police members are not so stupid.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    How do you prove it ? If there's cctv of you flashing your gun and having the guy give over "his" phone, you're in s***. Good luck finding the proof of purchase while you sit in a cell.
    Unless he completely wiped the memory in those few seconds, there should be a mountain of evidence to prove ownership

User

Good outcome.

I think you will find that technically 264 had something stolen from him and the perp was then robbed.

Is it like the 10 second rule with food, if you can recover it quickly enough then no questions asked and no harm done?

Law is bizarre, because in a just world the perp would sommer have collected a lekker PK for his effort too.

User

The thief will most probably want his name to fly around police dockets, even as an accuser.

I would have done exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Acajou View Post
    Unless he completely wiped the memory in those few seconds, there should be a mountain of evidence to prove ownership
    The guy could say that there was plenty of time between when the incident occurred and when the police arrested him and took the phone and that during that time he put his own sim card in and transferred his files to the phone he stole. It's better to not escalate the situation.

Remember this thread : http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-total-success!
    It's about the guy who drew his firearm and had it on his lap after a car made him and his learner driver stop and he felt threatened.
    Even with credible witnesses corroborating his story, he was still put in the cells, and luckily he was a GOSA diamond member with legal support and they got him bail.

Imagine if you had no legal support, and imagine if it was not a clear-cut case ? Maybe it's just me, but I'll not go rambo and start flashing my gun for a cellphone.

Pretty easily. I'm sure people have photos, personal numbers, SMSs etc. Anyway. I'm not going to play "what if". The good guy won. :)

User

More like :

Guy : "This guy just threatened me with a firearm at the mall and robbed me of my phone - my friend witnessed the whole thing"

Police : "Okay we'll go find him"

Police find you and arrest you, not listening to your version of events that you were robbed because you never opened a case.

They see cctv footage in the parking lot of you raising your shirt and making the guy hand over his phone, exactly as the guy and his friend said.

You start praying there was some cctv footage of the pickpocket or else you're f*****.
    There is nothing to prevent the Perp to do this without even having stolen your phone. It becomes rather sticky quickly for both.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Pretty easily. I'm sure people have photos, personal numbers, SMSs etc.
    I thought of that, that's why I said :
    The guy could say that there was plenty of time between when the incident occurred and when the police arrested him and took the phone and that during that time he put his own sim card in and transferred his files to the phone he stole.
    Glad it ended well though.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast