Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Was robbed today

Well done. No harm to you. Lesson to all stay awake.

User

Well done bud, you handled it well in the end! I wouldn't have sleepless nights about it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

My first option would probably be my ASP baton. In this situation walking over and demanding my phone back while deploying my baton would probably give the perp as much of an excuse for a fabricated charge of intimidation. So, yes, no "pointing/brandishing" charge, but it could still get messy.

Never mind a dashcam, now we need bodycams like the US cops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    The guy could say that there was plenty of time between when the incident occurred and when the police arrested him and took the phone and that during that time he put his own sim card in and transferred his files to the phone he stole. It's better to not escalate the situation.

Remember this thread : http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-total-success!
    It's about the guy who drew his firearm and had it on his lap after a car made him and his learner driver stop and he felt threatened.
    Even with credible witnesses corroborating his story, he was still put in the cells, and luckily he was a GOSA diamond member with legal support and they got him bail.

Imagine if you had no legal support, and imagine if it was not a clear-cut case ? Maybe it's just me, but I'll not go rambo and start flashing my gun for a cellphone.
    Lol. I'm looking for a new phone, what type you got?

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    What benefit does the guy in the car have of putting a case against you for pointing a firearm?

Absolutely fokkol

spite

User

Well done to the OP!

You stood up for yourself and got your shit back and came out unscathed.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

Hope nothing comes of it. Well done for getting your own stuff back.

For all those who don't know. Every phone has an imei (serial number normally starting with a 35). Everytime you make a call from your msisdn (your cell number), both of them register to the closest cell tower allowing you to make a call. All thse records are then stored by that relevant network. This information includes location, numbers called and received.

Wiping a phone is possible (removing the imei using software), but the sim / msisdn is still linked to the imei and your calls made and received.

The police or your lawyers aint as stupid to miss this.

User

Ya I'm in the good job crowd here. You noticed it was gone pretty quickly and sorted it all out.

Might be worth the cop shop visit anyway.

Good on you though!

User

Never mind the cellphone.

If I was the OP I would be more worried how he was distracted long enough for the guy to take his phone.
    Which means he could of been distracted enough for his FA to be lifted by the same man and/or his mate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SeanG View Post
    Never mind the cellphone.

If I was the OP I would be more worried how he was distracted long enough for the guy to take his phone.
    Which means he could of been distracted enough for his FA to be lifted by the same man and/or his mate.
    Yes exactly how did the guy get in your personal space so easily. Let me teach you a colorful Cape phrase to use in such situations:
    JMSP

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast