User

Default Minimum animals per hunt

When booking a hunt at a game farm, what is considered a fair amount of game to hunt, or at least a fair amount of money to spend on game? Meaning, if I for example book four nights I would consider hunting one impala ewe to be a bit unfair towards the farmer?

Would like to hear if people have some sort of formula they use to determine a fair deal between hunter and farmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Minimum animals per hunt

This also depends on the farm terrain

For instance if I hunt springbok in the free state Im lucky if I get 4 as the land is so flat.

If I hunt in the Eastern Cape then I presume I will shoot a kudu or something of similar size.

I think if it is an issue with the farmer he will have minimum numbers for the cheaper game. And/or he will ask what you want to shoot before hand.

User

Default Re: Minimum animals per hunt

What is reasonable/fair will vary from person to person and situation to situation. If the farmer requires a minimum number of hunters / days / amount to be spent then he should document that in his written hunting/farm rules. Many farmers do. If it's not in the rules then I don't think you need to worry about it. Just be upfront with the farmer when you book re: what you intend to hunt.