Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Antelope that are good for more than just bilton

Thx Dimitri, very nice advice.

I enjoy game meat. Friends have brought along eland steaks, gemsbok etc to the braai and for roasts, and we enjoy it plenty.

I am just of the opinion these days, that to make the absolute most of the hunts I want to almost go back to our "hunting roots" where you hunt to eat. (so to speak)

It just gives the hunt that extra dimension.

User

I agree with Messor - process the meat yourself - if you don't know how to do it get a mate like he said or search for Scott Rae project on Youtube.

He obviously doesn't do biltong cuts but one can learn a lot from what the guy shows.

Me personally I love working meat, and since we live in France we can't just nip off to the butcher to buy boerewors or droewors. So every few months I'll make several kilos.

It is not hard to make and it it really rewarding when you taste the sausage that YOU made.

Deer

Boar

Cheers

User

So far every species of game I have tried can be excellent, but I do find enormous variability between individual animals of the same species. The advice given with respect to processing is all good.

Scott Rea is awesome! He videos are quality and some really good cuts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3