Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    User

Default Re: Gun Owner's Responsibility - Hijacking

I think maybe this thread's topic is wrong?
    Maybe "Hijacking - what to do as a gun owner" would've been better fitting?

Everyone is going about do you or do you not have to intervene just because you own a gun.

As a lot of posters stated situational awareness is key.

In the instance of a armed robbery at a shop with an assailant with a knife. There is a counter between the perp and the cashier and the cashier is complying with no indication of the perp harming the cashier. Do you now intervene because you have your favorite biltong knife in your pocket and risk getting stabbed? Just because you are "level" in terms of weaponry you are now supposed to be the savior?
    I think 1% of civilian carriers have the skill set to differentiate between life threatening robberies/hi-jacking. FFS a presidential body guard was hijacked and couldn't defend himself or read the situation properly.

Personally we are armed for Self defense. So self to me comes first. Saying that, would I intervene if I see a person being pulled out the vehicle and it is clear that intent to harm clearly is there? A huge yes. (if I can get my fat ass out of the car)

Both sides here I agree with, as being a gun owner you are already placed under a microscope even more. But we cannot roast each other on the belief that humanity is more important than your own survival. With that mindset we must all live a basic life, ride bicycles and give the rest of our salary to the poor. In any situation when deciding to use your firearm there is a fine line between right in the eyes of the law (with the onus on you to prove) and what you thought was right, and as we all know it can cost you dearly.

But hopefully (most probably not) I do not hope any of us would need to make the decision that has been described.

Quote Originally Posted by Eniigma View Post
    I'd rather we just leave it at that, and instead raise a drink together to celebrate Gen Bothma's retirement from the CFR today.
    Fact, fiction, or just wishful thinking?

Peter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    My firearm is still in the SAP13...nearly 25 months later. The docket is still not closed, due to it being mislaid and neglected several times. If I did not have three other pistols, I would have been disarmed for more than two years.

Shocking bud. Any indication from the SAPS when you might realistically get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    Fact, fiction, or just wishful thinking?

Peter
    Fact. Yesterday was his last day.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Fact. Yesterday was his last day.
    Also heard this yesterday. Not sad he's gone but already worried about his replacement who ever that might be.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

Excuse my ignorance... why bring him back for only a few months???

Not that I care about seeing the back of him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15