Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Shot placement assitance: Gemsbok

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Google Africahunting, they've got "see-through" shot placement pictures.
    But practically, the vitals are in the same place as that of our other antelope. Try and avoid heavy bone if the calibre/ammo combo isn't up to it, and it'll be fine.
    Thanks Pirate I have those see trough pics from that website and a little green book(forget the name) with the same pics in my hunting bag.
    The thing is they all show Broadside. from these pics I have sort of made a 3d image of the internals in my mind.

@dsj Thanks Dominee that is exactly the kind of info im looking for, what to avoid and a better understanding of the internals of the buck

@crafty will be doing that, I did that last year with impala targets and a 100mm gong

@proudprado, thanks

@nella thanks, I also wouldnt take those kind of shots, just making sure I have the internals of the animal mapped correctly.

@minerva thanks. I learned some of those lessons on my first hunt, def will be sure and not rushing

@graham thanks will maybe adjust to top of heart/lung shot

User

Default Re: Shot placement assitance: Gemsbok

The last image, second gemsbok, don't take that shot. You risk mixing gut content with prime meat.
    Rather give him a quick whistle, and as he turns to look, take the shot. Timing is key.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2