Default Advice needed for section 13 renewal motivation

Hi all. I need to renew my self defense license. Not sure if I need to do a new motivation?

In my original motivation 5 years ago, I bought and sold used vehicles privately. Cash deposit slips and sales contracts were included as annexures to the motivation.

Buying and selling cars is now something I do on the side when the opportunity presents itself.
    I now work primarily as an estate agent. This involves working extended hours, on some evenings and weekends. I often deal with clients that I have never met before, taking these clients to view various properties often during the evenings etc
    I'm not sure if I need to do a a complete new motivation for the renewal and if I should maybe ask my boss for a letter if necessary?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Banned

Default Re: Advice needed for section 13 renewal motivation

You could lie your way to a new license with fabricated stories and false proofs but it would be much easier to use the original and adjust it to fit your current need. Living in SA in 2017 is enough reason to EDC, irrespective of the type of job. Jobs with higher risks should simply increase the type of preparation one does. I am not suggesting that you intend to lie; I am rather stating that it is much easier to use what you have. Use your previous motivation as a starting point and restructure it.

User

Circumstances change, change your original as per new job. Make note that you still sell cars as an extra income. If you do cash transactions, make mention of such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

I renewed my SD in October. My DFO would not accept any motivation from me. She wrote on my application that I showed great knowledge and understanding of the firearms act and that she recommends they approve. She then signed it. I begged her to take my motivation but she got very rude with me and sent my applocation with out it. 2 weeks later my renewal was approved??? Maybe check with your DFO before going through all the effort like me. They just wanted 3 signed character references from family etc

Thanks for the response guys

Segal which area do you live in? I would need to see the DFO at Linden for my renewal

User

Every DFO has their "own story" to tell and no one in this industry says the same thing... Except that it's a disorganized mess and they are working on it while simultaneously trying to take firearms away from law abiding citizens.... Ok they won't actually say that last bit, I just added it in there.....

According to some sources who've experienced the license rejection, the renewal needs to be a full and complete motivation stating why you need such and such along with proof of everything.

Legally armed do a fantastic job of compiling applications for people.
    I did my original applications through them. Since then, I have learnt a lot and now do all my own apps for all FA's I own.
    I might just be lucky but I have not waited more than 6 weeks for a card from date of application being submitted.....
    No wait, actually, I lie, I waited 8 months for my 308 rifle license to be approved which was written up with the help of a friend. Should have done that one myself.....

To help answer your question, write up a full motivation and don't given any reason for them to refuse the license. Keep it on file and just change it accordingly for the next time.

My DFO refused to accept my sec. 13 renewal motivation, which I put a lot of effort into.

Renewal was issued swiftly. Typical inconsistency of the entire process!

User

I have just had my renewal approved. Motivation was ' circumstances the same hense renewal of license' written in the space provided on the renewal form. Try keep things simple.

User

My renewal was a short repeat of the original motivation as well as introducing new elements which came about since I last renewed it.