Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Vektor SP1 Sport - Guidence required

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Why not let him shoot against himself in open division and in a match or 2 or 10 then he can think of making the "plunge". In my previous club the is a old omie who has the same gun as the OP and we let him shoot it in the club champs against all the rest of the guys because he was "no" competition, except to himself.
    What's the difference in shooting a division and coming last and shooting by yourself?

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

Default Re: Vektor SP1 Sport - Guidance required

Ummm, why whould he be shooting against himself? He would be scored against all open shooters

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Option 2... Rescomp would be my 1st call.

If it were me and it were possible I would shoot Standard 1st and then consider joining the F1 gunners when my feet are thoroughly wet.

It's about as bad an open gun as standard gun so I'm not sure how that changes things ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    It's about as bad an open gun as standard gun so I'm not sure how that changes things ?
    I was working in the assumption that setting it up as an open Gun would cost him more.

I don't know how much a C-more sight and it's mounts would cost.

I know nothing about the classes he can compete in but had the same gun. Should he want to, the comp screws on and is fixed with some kind of loctite. A bit of heat applied while clamped in a vice and it screws off. Akmal at DSG removed mine for me. The front sight can be transferred to the slide as the slide is standard and has a slot with dowel pin already. There is just a plastic filler bar installed for aesthetics.

The thread on the barrel is fine so i would suggest getting a thread protector should he go this route.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Be careful with the thread protector.

There's has been some debate about what constitutes a barrel weight and it could bump you to open.

User

I my be wrong but is the slide not bored bigger to fit the cone that centralises the comp ?.A friend of mine had the Vektor Target model which was a solid comp weight which we removed but had to buy a new slide to be able to use it as a standard .

No cone on standard SP1 Sport

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Thanks for all the info.

I have passed everything along.

User

I know 2 shooters that went the 9mm major route (if thats what you are asking, 9mm minor vs 9mm major) a few years back more or less the same time. The one shooter start shooting major to get the higher scoring and immediately moved up on the log by about 10 positions. The other shooter shoot minor and learn to shoot the gun and the sports. At the end of the year the minor shooter was higher on the log than the major shooter. The major shooter had some malfunctions due to the shallower seating of the bullet and break 2 locking pins on a modified CZ.

My advice to the shooter would be to shoot minor till he's competent and a good shooter and when his scoring holds him back then start to shoot major

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast