Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Frontier Classic Saturday Slots

Feeling miffed.

So I registered for the Frontier Classic match in Stilfontein, on the day that registration opened (4 April), because I really enjoied shooting the match last year. I also made some arrangements for accommodation.

To my surprise and disappointment I received an e-mail that all the Saturday slots are filled but there are limited slots for Friday. I know of several Gauteng shooters that did not get slots for Saturday.

To be fair to the organizers, I wrote an e-mail to Jay-Jay, expressing my disappointment and also raising concerns regarding the method used to decide who gets slots for Saturday. A few days have past now and I have not received a response, hence this post.

I seriously doubt that slots for Saturday were allocated on a first come first served basis. I wonder what criteria was used. Maybe it can be stated on the entry form next time so that "outsiders" know what to expect.

I doubt that I will endeavor to register for this match again.

User

Default Re: Frontier Classic Saturday Slots

Same happened to some friends.

User

My opinion is that the members of the club were complaining after the last couple of years they done crappy in the result. Walking the prize table was done by mostly visitors and my suspicion is that this was off putting to the locals and the "outsiders" were outlawed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

If any of this is true, it is not on. I wonder how NW shooters would react if they were excluded from level II matches in other provinces.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nicf View Post
    If any of this is true, it is not on. I wonder how NW shooters would react if they were excluded from level II matches in other provinces.
    Last year when I asked about the level of the match I was told its a Level 1.

Their calendar shows it as level 1.

User

Current SAPSA calendar shows it as a Level II.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nicf View Post
    I wonder how NW shooters would react if they were excluded from level II matches in other provinces.
    Very good point.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    My opinion is that the members of the club were complaining after the last couple of years they done crappy in the result. Walking the prize table was done by mostly visitors and my suspicion is that this was off putting to the locals and the "outsiders" were outlawed.

First I am a member of NWPSA and SAPSA. To my knowledge no outsiders were outlawed. At the last league opportunity was giving to register for members to pre register for the Classic.
    If anybody feel strong about this, please contact our Provincial Chairperson, Neels Meyer or Nico Economacis himself.
    Pm me for Neels cellphone number.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    First I am a member of NWPSA and SAPSA. To my knowledge no outsiders were outlawed. At the last league opportunity was giving to register for members to pre register for the Classic.
    If anybody feel strong about this, please contact our Provincial Chairperson, Neels Meyer or Nico Economacis himself.
    Pm me for Neels cellphone number.
    Its just very suspicious that not a single person I know was approved for the Saturday. And this includes people who applied for a slot within minutes of it opening. And then a Frontier who applied towards the end and he was approved.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast