Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: New Hunting season

Been saving since January...

User

Good luck to everyone! Don't forget to take photos and do a writeup on here! I am sure that I'm not the only one who enjoys reading it. I do it for almost all of my hunts and I like reading it from time to time and perhaps one day when I'm old(er) I won't be able to rember that well but will still be able to read all of my old hunts. I also find enourmous pleasure in preparing for my hunts - making sure that everything is packed etc. The anticipation of going hunting is almost half the pleasure ;)

I have never hunted in the Old Transvaal. Only Northern Cape and Northern Natal. Perhaps it is something that I should correct on my next visit to SA ;)

Regards

User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGregory View Post
    As a matter of interest, how do you Gents afford to hunt as often or for that many animals? My colleague and I were discussing this as we try do 2 hunts a year but a mate of his hunts almost every alternative weekend for some really expensive animals.

Does one sell the meat to fund this?

Anyways hoping to get 2 hunts this year as the start has been to crammed so far!
    Interesting topic...barring the difference in salaries/incomes I think the biggest factor I see in my circle of friends is that some are willing to forego other luxuries in order to hunt more that others.

As an example I had 2 friends recently discussing how they are on similar financial wickets but the one "affords" more hunts each year. The one who hunts more then asked my other friend how many coffees he drinks from a coffee shop each day. Between 2 to 3. Back of the matchbox conservatively R15k. It then went on to how many times in the week does he buy lunch vs bringing it to work...another R5k annual swing.

So salary differentials, number of dependents, etc aside, it boils down to spending priorities often.

Yup very good points Digby, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2