Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Feral Pigs

User

Default Re: Feral Pigs

Sorry are some of you trying to say it's acceptable to give so called "Vermin " a slow lingering death as opposed to applying basic ethics?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Sorry are some of you trying to say it's acceptable to give so called "Vermin " a slow lingering death as opposed to applying basic ethics?
    Not supposed to be that way, but then again, its not like we kill rats and mice on the nicest of ways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

No, you aim where they are big and you shoot as many as possible.
    Each sow that gets away makes 60 more by year end.
    If some are wounded that is not what the shooter intended, he intended to shoot as many dead as possible.
    Ethics play no role when killing indiscriminately, the job of a pest controller.

This is not about hunting or shooting ethics, it's just something that needs done.

So when something "needs to be done", ethics doesn't matter?

I hear what Messor is saying. If I shoot the sow under suboptimal conditions and I don't shoot her cleanly, even so I have saved sixty other animals from a possibly similar fate. The other thing is that people underestimate how very difficult it is eradicate these animals. Sometimes you have to shoot the best you can. I don't like it but I see the reality of it.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    No, you aim where they are big and you shoot as many as possible.
    Each sow that gets away makes 60 more by year end.
    If some are wounded that is not what the shooter intended, he intended to shoot as many dead as possible.
    Ethics play no role when killing indiscriminately, the job of a pest controller.

This is not about hunting or shooting ethics, it's just something that needs done.
    Sorry ethics play a role in it if you like it or not.

Guys this attitude is ammunition for anti hunters. Because these answers make me see their point more than yours.

Banned

Well worded Springer, many hunters sadly have no compass when they are not being watched. By posting this video this chap has considered his actions and found them to with in his scope of not morally abhorrent. I personally understand the position he is shooting from. Its work and you do it as best you can. Tonight I am sitting in hope the dogs will come in again, I get one shot and the gone.I will wait and I will hope to find they move for a moment that they lined up. I may hold group in sight for minutes waiting for this line up before I shoot, I need to get two or three in a shot. Wounding I am sure if they come and I shoot that there will be a wounding, I will have to deal with that.
    What I will do tonight if the Saint of farming allows is not right, but you stop and think.....................
    by last Sat it was 104 sheep in 11 weeks to same pack of ferral dogs. Two were shot by method above and the rest just avoid being seen. Farmer has been farming by day and on guard by night till one in morning for 11 weeks now, its taken its toll and you can see it.
    I understand OP only too well - but Springers statement is very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Personally I think one should still have some ethical compass. Vermin or not. I accept though we are all different, each to their own.

User

Sorry ethics play a role in it if you like it or not.

Guys this attitude is ammunition for anti hunters. Because these answers make me see their point more than yours.
    T

No I don't think you understand the concept fully.

If you want me to respect your opinion on handguns for example (which I do), because of your experience in the matter, you'll not take kindly if I take you on about it with my little to no experience.
    Soldiers for example kill people, they do this or more others will die, exactly the same concept, doing what needs done.

Maybe you'll hear me out or maybe you won't, regardless, I'm telling you I know what I am talking about, so please show me the same courtesy.

Banned

Ethics play a moerste role yes . YES. Thats why R100000 minimum later, there is still no poisons in the lands and Gin Traps are not on every path. The enemy is defined and we will confront that enemy on any ground by means WE find we can live by.
    Dunno about Ferral pigs, but shooting dogs is sickening in every way, I wonder what my lady thinks of me when she tracks a wounded dog. There is no fun in this no enjoyment - its Fkin awe-full, but as effeciantly as I can I will.
    Come to my house right now and you will find another Gin Trap animal I am rehabilitating, I whole yard stinks of Porcupine, but yea he aint my enemy so i will help him.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    T

No I don't think you understand the concept fully.

If you want me to respect your opinion on handguns for example (which I do), because of your experience in the matter, you'll not take kindly if I take you on about it with my little to no experience.
    Soldiers for example kill people, they do this or more others will die, exactly the same concept, doing what needs done.

Maybe you'll hear me out or maybe you won't, regardless, I'm telling you I know what I am talking about, so please show me the same courtesy.
    Sorry dude. There is no way on earth you are going to convince me that leaving animals to die a slow lingering death is acceptable. Because in short it isn't.

If you have to kill animals they should be shown the same courtesy as game and you should do everything in your power to ensure they don't suffer.

So it's not about experience. It's about being ethical. And torturing animals is not ethical.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast