User

Default Using personal firearm for guided walks?

Question
    A security guard may not use his personal firearm to perform his work duties. But as far as I know a PH may use his personal rifle when backing up a client... May a Field Guide/Game Ranger use his personal firearm when taking guests on a wilderness trail?

User

Default Re: Using personal firearm for guided walks?

Yes and many do. FCA Sections 15 - 17 specifically read "a firearm licenced under this section may be used for any purpose where it is a safe and lawfull to do so". There is nothing unsafe or unlawfull in a guide using his/her own firearm.
    What IS required is for the guide to have done the 'Business Purposes' Unit Standard 123519 whether using own or issued rifle..

User

Thanks Peter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ddeswardt View Post
    Question
    A security guard may not use his personal firearm to perform his work duties. But as far as I know a PH may use his personal rifle when backing up a client... May a Field Guide/Game Ranger use his personal firearm when taking guests on a wilderness trail?
    Hi Ddeswardt,
    Off topic here, but just want to know if you guys had any recent (within the last month or so) experience on the following

Poaching,
    Tresspassing (4x4 vehicle/s) - suspected to be involved with poaching.

All occurences happened during the day so far.
    Thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by Will101 View Post
    Hi Ddeswardt,
    Off topic here, but just want to know if you guys had any recent (within the last month or so) experience on the following

Poaching,
    Tresspassing (4x4 vehicle/s) - suspected to be involved with poaching.

All occurences happened during the day so far.
    Thanks
    We had Eskom come around to check power lines and boxes. But they stopped off at the house to ask for permission before going onto the property. I did however get the feeling that they only stopped off here first because you have to drive past the house to get onto the reserve. Maybe if your tracks are around Eskom infrastructure it was them

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ddeswardt View Post
    We had Eskom come around to check power lines and boxes. But they stopped off at the house to ask for permission before going onto the property. I did however get the feeling that they only stopped off here first because you have to drive past the house to get onto the reserve. Maybe if your tracks are around Eskom infrastructure it was them
    Thanks man.
    It was nowhere near eskom lines where the tracks were found.
    3weeks before ther tracks were found we heard a gunshot in the velt, but I did not investigate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Will101 View Post
    Thanks man.
    It was nowhere near eskom lines where the tracks were found.
    3weeks before ther tracks were found we heard a gunshot in the velt, but I did not investigate.
    hmmm, no nothing like that here.
    thanks for the heads up will send the message out to out neighbors to keep their eyes peeled as well