Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: A new lot of knives

Thats a big batch of knives! Lots of work! When you hand sand them I assume you sand from spine to blade edge? How long roughly per knive per grit of sandpaper?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Von Gruff View Post
    Ok I see the lack mof interest so will not post any more on this or other knives
    Perhaps you should check the amount of views as opposed to comments for interest. i for one always check your posts, and drool and then the little green monsters makes me abstain from posting!

User

Don't stop posting! I always read your knife threads but I'm more of a lurker than a poster.

Your designs are inspiring as is the manufacture of your own tools to get the job done. Please continue I'm sure the level of interest is high.

User

Von gruff how do you go about filing your bevel into the knife, i recall you using a jig of some sort to get the angle right. I'm battling to get rid of a scuff mark from sanding with a belt sander and think filing it out might be quicker.

I cut a piece of walnut from a tree on the farm well over a year ago and sealed the ends with wood glue. having used it on the handles for this knife gives me great pride, the wood is beautiful. will post pics once ive finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    Perhaps you should check the amount of views as opposed to comments for interest. i for one always check your posts, and drool and then the little green monsters makes me abstain from posting!
    ^This.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Von Gruff View Post
    Ok I see the lack mof interest so will not post any more on this or other knives
    I for one would rather watch and keep quiet than make a comment and reveal my idiocy, Sir. Please keep posting, it's always a pleasure and an honour to see your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I for one would rather watch and keep quiet than make a comment and reveal my idiocy, Sir. Please keep posting, it's always a pleasure and an honour to see your work!
    What Toxxyc said ^^^

User

Members, in defense of my good friend , Von Gruff, regarding his request that members participate in his knive making thread via comments/questions ect.

I did send Von Gruff an email regarding him not continuing with the knife thread....asking hm to reconsider..here is his answer, and I really hope you will see his point as well. I myself previously ask members to participate in a thread I posted ..just for the same reason as Von Gruff...when participating by asking questions/making remarks gives the author of the thread an idea of how people think and how they need to be given the correct information to assist them in using the knowledge to their own advantage....

Von Gruff`s answer:
    Gidy Gert.
    I am nearly finished the handles on this batch of knives but have a new project in the wings.
    As far as the forum goes, I live in a small country town and have no-one to talk to that has the same interests as I doand so the only conversation I get is on the forums when I post up what I am doing but if there is no conversation coming from the forum members it is just like me being in my shed with no one to talk to so there is no point in continueing to post when there is no response. It dosent matter if there are thousands of view is I have no conversation as that is like everyone looking through the window of my shed but not coming in to talk to me, they may as well not be there. Contrast your forum with the Africa hunting forum where I get conversation almost every day, questions and comments and not just lookers.

I really hope you will view this in a favorable manner...

User

That makes sense, something that I never considered to begin with. Would he consider staying if we chat to him more? I will ask the questions I have even if I come across as daft then, I think I often do anyway... :P

User

I get it, I once compared gunsite to bass fishing forum I was, boring as he'll. No one participated. I haven't been back there in a year.

It's due to von gruffs posts that many people have finally tackled DIY knife making, his input has been most valuable.

Gert please PM me his email addy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast