Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Affordable hunting farms near Pretoria/Johannesburg

Good morning All,

I trust you all are well and that you had a lekker weekend!

Some mates and I are looking for a place to go hunting near (within 2 hours drive max.) Pretoria/Johannesburg. I have searched GS and Googled for places but most of the info like costs etc isn't always readily available. Our challenge is mainly surrounding costs as some of the members of our group are still studying etc and don't have an income.

We are easy to please, will happily camp (and bring all our own equipment) and really just want to enjoy the bush.

Does anyone know of a good farm that is reasonably priced (accommodation & hunting fees)? We will probably only look at shooting some of the smaller game (Warthog, Impala, BW etc).

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Me and my cheap friends lol

Default Re: Affordable hunting farms near Pretoria/Johannesburg

Also following(Also a broke student looking for a place in society LOL)

User

And hopefully someone here will toss a piece of bait here for this year. I need to hunt this year, can't sit idly by for another season and blame finances, so I'm looking for an affordable place to take off some game - even if it's only a pig or something to mark off. I haven't hunted in a few years due to the increasing prices and while I know it's necessary for the farmers to survive, I'm hoping someone here has a place where a few respectable hunters can come and sit down for a weekend and spend some time in the bush.

Following as well

User

Join Facebook (yeah yeah I know). Then go join pages like SA Jaggeleenthede and Jag plekke group.

There is a lot of advertising there of expensive and less expensive places. And the guys really communicate. If I see a nice advert I usually just drop my email address and then the guys send you all their info.

User

Join Facebook, save the numbers of farms as they come up with reasonable prices. I've learned never to book this time of year. Yes a winter hunt would be nice, but the last two years I've always found farms with excess game and negotiable prices around beginning of August. Last year it was still -3'c / 17'c end of August in the Free State when we went hunting, so cold enough not to threaten the meat.

User

Ja that'll work, thanks! I do have an ancient FB account for things just like this - logged in just now and checked out some places. Do you perhaps have some links for me to some you frequent?

User

For instance I have seen kudu bulls over 50 inches advertised for R12k (and as low as 5k,but that just sounds dodgy). They are usually well over R18k on websites etc.

User

Ja nee dit klink lekker. I'm struggling to find places that are afforable AND will allow hunting without suppressors. But thanks Bossie, appreciate the feedback! I applied to some groups on FB - let's hope something comes of it!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Ja that'll work, thanks! I do have an ancient FB account for things just like this - logged in just now and checked out some places. Do you perhaps have some links for me to some you frequent?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1709145132749215/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1452783935049719/

These are the two I look at.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast