Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is the bag Limit on Egyptian Geese

I have looked at the gazette notices and all the provinces show the bag limit in brackets for Egyptian geese except Mpumalanga. Can anyone indicate what the limit is?

User

Default Re: What is the bag Limit on Egyptian Geese

as far as I can remember, they are classified as "rodents" and no bag limit. (my English is failing me here to a better word than rodent)
    what does it say under porcupine

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac595 View Post
    as far as I can remember, they are classified as "rodents" and no bag limit. (my English is failing me here to a better word than rodent)
    what does it say under porcupine
    You obviously have no clue, please refrain from giving advice about legalities that can have serious consequences if they are transgressed.

They are in fact classed as Game in Mpumalanga, with a declared open season and a set daily bag limit, as per MP regulations.

To the OP, I'll check they daily bag limit and get back to you, as I have not hunted them in MP in many years, so I cannot recall offhand.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

User

Following

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    You obviously have no clue, please refrain from giving advice about legalities that can have serious consequences if they are transgressed.

They are in fact classed as Game in Mpumalanga, with a declared open season and a set daily bag limit, as per MP regulations.

To the OP, I'll check they daily bag limit and get back to you, as I have not hunted them in MP in many years, so I cannot recall offhand.

Hi Johan,

I found a 2015 gazette notice from GDARD for Gauteng that gives it a bag limit of 5. I think Mpu might be higher.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 264WinMag View Post
    Hi Johan,

I found a 2015 gazette notice from GDARD for Gauteng that gives it a bag limit of 5. I think Mpu might be higher.
    I'm not in a place where I can give you a difinitive answer, from recollection MP allows up to 20 common gamebirds per day during the open season, with a max of 10 terrestrial and 10 waterfowl or it may be a max of 10 per per specie to a max of 20. And a max of 20 rock pigeon per day.

I'll be able to get the appropriate answer on Monday only.

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    I'm not in a place where I can give you a difinitive answer, from recollection MP allows up to 20 common gamebirds per day during the open season, with a max of 10 terrestrial and 10 waterfowl or it may be a max of 10 per per specie to a max of 20. And a max of 20 rock pigeon per day.

I'll be able to get the appropriate answer on Monday only.

Thank you Johan for the info. Highly appreciated.

Going to parent's farm over the weekend and there are a high number of geese on the newly harvested fields.

Wow - the MP hunting proclamation/ordinance is one seriously confusing format and as far as I can ascertain does not give bag limits (?!).

This is what I found on the SAHunt site: http://www.sahunters.co.za/images/at...ion%202017.pdf

but I do not think that it will help you much!

Looking on the SAwingshooters' website, you can download a national summary of the provinces: http://www.wingshooters.org.za/ALL-DOWNLOADS/

This doc gives bag limits for most provinces (and I have checked, the ones for the WC seem correct), BUT AGAIN no bag limits for MP.

If if is law, surely it is not too far fetched to believe that the detail should be accessible?

User

The bag limit is set in the regulations.

I am not in a place where I can access these.

Phone the MP parks board offices in Nelspruit and speak to Riaan De Lange, if you want to make sure before Monday. Or Johan Coetzee in the Ermelo offices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast