Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: .357Sig JHP's

User

Default Re: .357Sig JHP's

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Federal 125gr and all sold out now. I would wait till the next Winchester shipment lands, there will be some .357Sig Ranger ammo in that. For now, 140gr S&B FMJ is more than good enough.

Why would you carry a 357 with ball when you could carry a 9mm with a myriad of JHP options?

Even a 9mm with ball will work about as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Why would you carry a 357 with ball when you could carry a 9mm with a myriad of JHP options?

Even a 9mm with ball will work about as well.
    I'm not going to carry a .357Sig with ball, my licenses are still pending anyway. That was for the guys that don't have the option of 9x19 or .357Sig JHP's. And there is plenty .357Sig ammo around, you just need to know where to look for it.

User

Still seems a silly idea to recommend anyone buys a 357 when they don't have a 9 or even a 40.

User

Still seems a silly idea to recommend anyone buys a 357 when they don't have a 9 or even a 40.
    I didn't. I have all of the above, the Glock 32 is just a range toy. I have 9x19's and .40's for serious use and enough JHP ammo for them.

User

Maybe think carefully then about saying ammo is easily available. Some ammo is available. But not in the variety or quantity of mainstream calibres.

Dude reading that there is "plenty 357 availabel" could find himself worse off than before when choosing his first/only pistol

User

Maybe think carefully then about saying ammo is easily available. Some ammo is available. But not in the variety or quantity of mainstream calibres.

Dude reading that there is "plenty 357 availabel" could find himself worse off than before when choosing his first/only pistol
    Every gunshop I've called had at least some variety of .357Sig FMJ available and some had 2-3 varieties of ammo. But yes, it's not the ideal choice for a first handgun.

User

Federal 125gr and all sold out now. I would wait till the next Winchester shipment lands, there will be some .357Sig Ranger ammo in that. For now, 140gr S&B FMJ is more than good enough.
    That was it - Federal. Please post when you get news on those Rangers.

Noob here... Is 357sig the same as 357 magnum?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

User

Every gunshop I've called had at least some variety of .357Sig FMJ available and some had 2-3 varieties of ammo. But yes, it's not the ideal choice for a first handgun.

How many were not in a major centre? How many varieties of 9mm did they have?

And I go into gun shops as part of my job. Plenty don't have 357 fwiw

User

Quote Originally Posted by PakkaZA View Post
    Noob here... Is 357sig the same as 357 magnum?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Not at all. Its a 9mm bullet in a necked down .40S&W case. So bottleneck cartridge in handgun.

The Plus is that it gets higher velocities than the 9mm. The Neg is that it isnt mainstream in SA, so SD ammo can be difficult to come by. If you reload, it uses all the 9mm components, with the exception of the brass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast