Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Carry Optics / Standard

When funds become available I want to start making some changes in the division I will be shooting. Using the P09 in 9mm. And before I start spending cash, I need to get more clarity on the direction my wallet will take me.

2 options for me. Standard Minor (Yes I know of the scoring) or then Carry optics (that might be coming I know)

I have done a few searches and have come up with no reference to proposed rules on Carry Optics Div in IPSC specifically. There are USPSA references that state that USPSA production division guns would be eligible for this division. Nearly the same as IPSC Production – but for eg picked up the the G34 is prod legal. But then all USPSA Production division handguns can only loaded with 10 rounds.

Does some- one have some more info? Would it be Production spec gun, just with the added optics OR would it be a Standard type of setup on the gun and then just the added optics?

User

Default Re: Carry Optics / Standard

Global Village has all the proposed specs and rules for this division which is being voted on (AFAIK) at the Assembly to be held at the World Shoot in August. If passed (as a new Division for three years until ratification at the following World Shoot Assembly) then it would be a valid IPSC division for three years.

Curently very much looks like a Production spec gun with optics. Go and look on Global Village for the details.

User

They have changed the rules in USPSA. 140mm mags and I think magwells allowed

Wait till Aug. Ramblings on Global Village have some saying CO in IPSC should be polymer only guns. Pretty sure that will change

User

If it had to happen I would say production approved gun with optics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I heard that it would go ahead as a 'plastic guns 1st' trial run.. so P-09 should be GTG

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

I wouldn't do anything to a Production Optics guns until

A production Optics is actually adopted and

B we have a rule book to look at

User

Quote Originally Posted by mozee View Post
    If it had to happen I would say production approved gun with optics.

My guess would be this. Production list gun + X amount of weight

User

Seeing that the current rules almost don't allow you to write your name with a permanent marker on a Production gun without losing "Production legality" my question (in absence of a rulebook) would be the following: if a Production gun is modified to take an optic (slide cut, etc) and the optic is removed, would the gun still qualify for Production? Or would only guns that come with optics mounts from the factory get to play?

And what would be the logical motivation to keep this to plastic guns only?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Seeing that the current rules almost don't allow you to write your name with a permanent marker on a Production gun without losing "Production legality" my question (in absence of a rulebook) would be the following: if a Production gun is modified to take an optic (slide cut, etc) and the optic is removed, would the gun still qualify for Production? Or would only guns that come with optics mounts from the factory get to play?And what would be the logical motivation to keep this to plastic guns only?
    The discussion I saw said no slide milling. Only factory optic cut guns MOS / CORE etc. Or you could use a rear sight dovetail mount. I think plastic only is a good idea if they keep the annoying 5lb first shot trigger rule. Stops it becoming another Shadow/Tanfo division.

but shadows are awesome :D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast