I received the following books recently from Amazon, all of which are very good reads:

The Killing School by Brandon Webb.
Its all about sniper training in the various arms of the US military such as Marines, SEALS, Rangers, Canadian Army. It's a fantastic read! Very informative and even more respect for snipers at this level.

The Modern Sniper by Leigh Neville.

All about the modern sniper in combat since 2001. Also a good and informative read.

The Manual of Sniper Skills by Mark Spicer.

As the title says its a manual on sniping and a great companion to the superlative The Ultimate Sniper by John Plaster. It has better pictures than Plaster.

Special Forces in the War on Terror by Leigh Neville.

All about various special ops missions in the War on Terror. Full of details and great photos. Everthing you ever wanted to know about what special forces were up to in Iraq and Afghanistan and elsewhere.

Guns of the Special Forces 2001-2015 by Leigh Neville.

A grear companion to the previous title and extremely informative of what weaponry the special forces are using. Great photos. It has chapters on the handguns, submachine guns, "assault" rifles, battle rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns and miscellaneous weapons. This the the book I've always been waiting for in regard to military guns and rifles etc.

Last but certainly not least, Mobility Conquers: The story of 61 Mechanised Battalion Group 1978-2005 by Willem Steenkamp and Helmoed-Romer Heitman.

All I can say is wow!!!!!! This was certainly a labour of love. A 1000 page history of this South African combined arms group who pioneered the use of the Ratel in the Bush War and blitzkrieg mobile tactics. It is very detailed but written in a easygoing narrative style that is easy to read and not your typical dry prose often found in history books. These guys were truly excellent. I'm sure there are some vets on this forum?

I'm surprised I have not seen this book in local bookstores. Its has good and plenty pictures. Many stories and side stories and printed on quality paper. It weighs a ton. I'm getting good bicep training just holding it while I read!

You won't be sorry if you get any or all of the above titles.