Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Sad new reality for MSR owners in California.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    The Kali laws are mindboggling in their stupidity. Changing a pistol grip to a thumbhole grip makes the firearm less dangerous. How about painting smileys on the bullets.
    No, thumb holes are still pistol grips. Look carefully the thumb hole is filled in. Use it with a lever action style hold.

User

I've never understood how state law can contradict the US constitution.

User

This is pretty screwed up. I wonder how people even think up this crap.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    I've never understood how state law can contradict the US constitution.
    Well... it can't... but you have to be prepared to fight the good fight. Maybe now some Commiefornians ( ;-{>} Fumbles... cometh the man...) will reach down the front of their jeans and discover that they had a pair all along?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Fumbles - what does it mean to register it as an Assault Rifle? If you do so, can you keep it as it is supposed to be? If registered, what are you giving up? I'm rather ignorant on this topic....

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    yet citizens allow this to happen, so the majority of people in Cali must have ridden the short bus to schoolor hipsters are taking over

Remember, Commiefornia's majority is full of Hillary-voters, actors, SJWs and other degenerates. They accept and allow all sorts of freaky shit, like:
    https://www.facebook.com/wwjd69/vide...2719112738934/

User

Damn Lian.....how do I unsee that fat ugly drunk bitch? Please guys don't base California on these losers. There are a lot of good folk here. Mostly they keep their heads down so you don't see them. As far as shooters, just go to any firing range here...on the weekends, through the week......and see how many people shoot in California.

Graham12......we don't really know. These laws are being tweaked all the time and they don't even know the what, why, where and how's etc. It may be as innocuous as they just want to know who has them.....which is dumb. Know that, for a long time all rifles were "registered" with the feds as Long Gun's. It was only in the last 2 years I think that they were "registered" as specifically semi-automatic rifles. Prior to that they did not know if it was a bolt action, semi auto, mini-14 style, AR or AK style etc.....whatever. This registration now is with California and the state wants to know who has MSR's. You have to ask....why?

What we do know is, if you don't comply and either register the "AW".....any semi auto with a detachable magazine and any ONE of the following: a pistol grip, telescoping or folding stock, forward pistol grip, flash hider/flash suppressor, that can accept a bayonet or grenade launcher.......OR make the rifle featureless-which makes it NOT an assault rifle........... you become a FELON. Once a felon, you will serve time and never be able to own a firearm again.

What would you have me do? It's almost a liability to own an AR or AK etc and that is what they want. They want to wear us down so we turn them in to be destroyed. Truthfully.....I shoot my bolt action precision rifles most of the time. I train with my AR's of course and stay in shape there......but I don't need as many AR's as I have....or my AK. I bought them because I know the state hates them and wants to see them all gone. It's kinda like a form of disobedience. I do love all my FA's though....love putzing with the AR's and trying different shit out.

So anyway....I am trying out this featureless route on one rifle so I can go shoot it and see how I do with it. They are still writing and changing these laws. We don't know what is going on really, neither do they. I want to be prepared so come 2018 or whenever.....I don't find myself looking at a felony offense.

And, I don't write these laws. I just have to abide if they stick. The CRPA and NRA, both of whom I am a member and pay my dues, are challenging these laws in court. We will see where they get.

Paul.....love you man, but I have always known where my balls are.......check them every morning and evening to see if they are still there. Still swinging. It's not a matter of having a pair though......this is a gargantuan we are fighting here and it's all done in the courts. I pay my dues to do my part....I write petitions to state senators etc. They don't give one shit about us though. They go with the popular flow is. Remember too that in many ways, California sets the pace for the rest of the country. That alone is reason to fuck with them as hard as possible.

And forget the Constitution (from the liberal perspective). Many of us here live by it and are prepared to fight to the death to protect it. I am. But these fucking liberal bastards......they don't believe in it, would like to see it amended to death. Especially the 2A because it scares them. Fuckers.

In the meantime........ it seems better to resist the registration thing, to NOT give them what they want....any way we can......and still essentially keep our firearms. Remember.......I have all the original shit that came with my rifles. It does not take more than 1/2hr to put it all back to original. Just saying'......in the event of an event. Zombies and all.

User

Thanks Fumbles. One article I did find made mention that by keeping them stock standard AND registering them would allow you to keep them as is. BUT you lose the right to sell it, gift it to kids etc. Seems if you left CA with them you can't bring them back. And a host of other crappy laws. So overall better to make the changes. I follow the firearm blog (TFB) and it seems that this are coming up with plenty of ingenious ways to get around these laws. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2