Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu

User

Default Flu

Holy guacamole, I've not been hit like this in ten years. Everything hurts. Nobody cares. Get a shot if you think it may help.

Banned

Default Re: Flu

I have had 3 bouts of flu since December last year. Goes straight to the chest and you have a real case of "bromkaatjies" (Bronchitis). You feel like shit and I am still coughing and being drowned in soylent green. Plenty courses of anti-bio have done didley.

User

Viruses quickly adapt to antibiotics, later on they are nothing but placebos.

Stop wasting time with medicines when it comes to cold and flu, go banting and allow your body to fight off the infection by itself.
    With antibiotics you'll be sick for a week, without them you'll be sick for 7 days.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Viruses quickly adapt to antibiotics
    Erm, no. Viruses do not react to antibiotics at all. Bacterial infections react to antibiotics.

User

Victim checking in.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Straight into the chest as driepoot said.
    So many of my customers are in hospital it is shocking.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    Erm, no. Viruses do not react to antibiotics at all. Bacterial infections react to antibiotics.
    Ja Ja

But a virus doesn't make you sick, the bacterial infection does, and different strains of viruses causes different infections.

I am yet to see a doctor take samples, have it sent off for analysis to see which specific bacterial strain the person is infected with. Hence whatever is given over the counter is rather irrelevant.
    It's the golden standard of the pharmaceutical world, you are sick, here take some medicine.

It's the reason why colds and flu will exist for the next 200 years.
    A normal adult forget he will not die from cold and flu, young children and old folk are most at risk, for all the rest medicine are prescribed because it's a business, nothing more.
    Why do you guys think the medical world are up in arms about banting or similar diets, they promote strong immune systems, and nobody wants that.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Messor, so much in your post to dispel.

I rather say good night.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Go get the jab. It help. Should have got it a month ago but rather late than never. My wife works for one of the big ethical pharmaceutical companies. Sometime you need muti, sometimes you don't, but misuse of antibiotics can cause resistance.

In laymens terms; Viruses do make you sick but there is very little that can be done to combat them, you kinda have to sweat it out. Antibiotics are administered to fight the bacterial infections. The flu jab is made up of the new strains in last years flu. So it's a gamble by the pharmaceutical companies, but an educated gamble. Having the strains in your blood stream means your body is already prepped to fight them. You may still get a cold but you won't be man down.

Edit: get well soon PP
    Last edited by CorditeCrazy; 24-05-2017 at 21:00.

User

I got my shot this year for the first time in a while after seeing how it knocked my very fit (and banting) sister down for almost a week.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast