User

Default Holster Opinions

I have just gotten myself a Sig P227 Nitron (With rail) and am looking for opinions on IDPA Type paddle holsters.
    From what I hear the P227 will fit in a P226 Rail holster, so I assume the dimensions are pretty much identical.

I am not a fan of Fobus, I do like Comptac currently use an International for other divisions, Safariland apparently has a fitment issue. IMI has a finger break which I dislike intensely, as does the Serpa.

Any other suggestions or should I stick to the Comptac, all be it Hailstorm is lacking in stock at the moment

User

Default Re: Holster Opinions

Stick to Comptac. It is what you are used to and great quality gear

User

Hi Speed, I have a Fobus that I got with a P226 a couple of months ago...fits snugly enough but I'll stick with the issued SIG (IMI?) paddle holster.. If you want to give the Fobus another chance, you're welcome to give this one a run for a couple of weeks, until you find something you prefer. (I'm also in Jhb, so getting the Fobus to you should be simple enough.)

User

Thanks man. Is the P226 you have a railed version?
    I have an Uncle Mikes for my 226, but it's an old West German model that does not have the rail so the Holster does not work on the P227 :(

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    Thanks man. Is the P226 you have a railed version?
    I have an Uncle Mikes for my 226, but it's an old West German model that does not have the rail so the Holster does not work on the P227 :(
    Yip, P226 with Rail. Let me know if you want to give that Fobus a try ... for your 226 as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Yip, P226 with Rail. Let me know if you want to give that Fobus a try ... for your 226 as well.
    I may take you up on that offer