User

Default Licence Application for rifle and 308

Hi Guys
    After many years of going on hunting trips with friends and family I finally bought myself a rifle , a HOWA 1500 308. The discussions on this forum have really assisted me in choosing the rifle.

I have also decided to "take over" my dad's 12 bore shotgun.

I need advice please, should I submit the application for the shot gun and the rifle at the same time, or wait first for the rifle to be approved?

I have downloaded examples of motivation letters from this forum which I am currently modifying. I have hunting photos of the pass 6 years as well to supplement my motivation.

Should the motivation letter for the shot gun be a separate one or part and parcel of the 308 ?

Is there anyone kind enough to go through my motivation letter once I am done?

Thanks

User

Default Re: Licence Application for rifle and 308

Quote Originally Posted by Peppa View Post
    Hi Guys
    After many years of going on hunting trips with friends and family I finally bought myself a rifle , a HOWA 1500 308. The discussions on this forum have really assisted me in choosing the rifle.

I have also decided to "take over" my dad's 12 bore shotgun.

I need advice please, should I submit the application for the shot gun and the rifle at the same time, or wait first for the rifle to be approved?

I have downloaded examples of motivation letters from this forum which I am currently modifying. I have hunting photos of the pass 6 years as well to supplement my motivation.

Should the motivation letter for the shot gun be a separate one or part and parcel of the 308 ?

Is there anyone kind enough to go through my motivation letter once I am done?

Thanks
    Put them in at the same time

Separate motivations

User

Join NHSA & obtain Dedicated Hunter Status. 1) They provide endorsement for the weapons. 2) They keep track of your hunting & shooting activities (for future applications)
    Dedicated Status enables you to purchase more than 200 cartridges at a time, shotgun ammo is usually bought in cases of 250.

It use to be that a normal person had no issues with 4 firearms.
    1 Handgun and 3 rifles. Or shotgun as 1 of the 3 rifles.
    As soon as you wanted to go above this.
    You needed more motivation. Hence Dedicated Sport status.
    But up to these 4 you should not really have an issue with Social Sport/Hunting application reason.

User

Get dedicated status. It's really easy to do. I did mine through Wingshooters you have to join and pay a bit more for the dedicated test. You then need to show that you can shoot by hitting 25/50 clays at a clay shoot. They run these regularly.

I put my applications in at the same time but completely separate allocations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User

The feedback is much appreciated. Thank you