Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The difference in price between what this nationals costs and the last one won't buy you a dinner outside a take away.
    R300 is a steep jump by any standard. I hope we're getting one hell of a match, great stage props, stages patchers etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maciek View Post
    R300 is a steep jump by any standard. I hope we're getting one hell of a match, great stage props, stages patchers etc.
    It's is what it is. I'm not going to cut my nose to spite my face over 300 bucks

User

Default Re: SAPSA Handgun Nationals, Round 2 - Northern Gauteng

Ps we all know it's very unlikely that there will be patchers etc. As 45 said it's not like the profit margins are massive even at the higher price.

User

stages patchers etc.
    I don't think that is going to happen. Also, the difference mounts up for families shooting together.

Maybe this is why there are still 20 slots available after two days .... first time in years and it is a Gauteng nationals to boot. Normally by now there are 20 people on the waiting list.

User

Ps we all know it's very unlikely that there will be patchers etc. As 45 said it's not like the profit margins are massive even at the higher price.
    I really don't give a s@$t about who makes a profit or not, my point is with the fee increase I'd like to see the benefits being passed onto the shooters, awesome match experience.

User

I really don't give a s@$t about who makes a profit or not, my point is with the fee increase I'd like to see the benefits being passed onto the shooters, awesome match experience.
    Well if there aren't any extra profits they won't have the money to pay for all that shit.What does a level 3 cost in most other countries?

User

iirc, Golden City in 2015, had patchers/helpers on a lot of the stages.
    That was at R700/shooter.

User

And I remember buying pies for R2.50

But I can't anymore

And I remember buying pies for R2.50

But I can't anymore
    That is because you bought all of them!!!

User

Well if there aren't any extra profits they won't have the money to pay for all that shit.What does a level 3 cost in most other countries?
    This ^

The clubs\regions are unable to provide a better shooting experience (fancy equipment etc) if there is no money to plough back into those things.

I know for a fact that both Premier and Eeufees have done a lot of work, and spent sums of money on the infrastructure at the respective ranges, and I would assume this is in part due to the Nationals that they have hosted. It would otherwise have not been possible. I suspect that GC has also had similar upgrades to the range due in part to Nationals held there.

Those upgrades are not just for Nationals. All the members at those clubs reap the benefits every single time they use the range facilities, as do the shooters who participate at league events at those clubs. The club shoots and league matches are of a high standard, because of capital investment out of funds derived from Nationals, League Matches, Club Matches and membership fee's...

So yeah. The individual shooter benefits directly from the fee's paid... even if many do not see it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast