User

Default Unsharpened Buck limited edition, do I keep it as is?

As the title would suggest, I bought a limited edition Open Season Legacy Flipper Skinner. This is No.39 of 250 of these knives.

Imagine my surprise when it came out the box without an "edge", in fact it still has two "lugs" on the cutting edge surface from where it must have been laser cut, although the primary grinding has taken place and it has the cerakote finish applied no further edge grinding or forming has taken place.

Now, I am not someone who buys knives for show generally and these knives are great tools(I own almost the entire Open Season Range in S30V) but this strikes me as an anomaly so I am hesitant to sharpen it.

What do you guys think? Does the fact it came like this make it more desirable for serious collectors who can rather replace this one for me and keep it as is or do I go ahead and sharpen it with the intent of using it?

User

Default Re: Unsharpened Buck limited edition, do I keep it as is?

Contact Buck Knives directly maybe. See what they have to say for themselves.
    Have you done a www search on other forums asking if someone else also has received one with un-sharpened blade.