Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default .22lr Izhmash or Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by DBSomeone View Post
    I cannot speak for anyone else but I grew up in the city with no experience what so ever with firearms and hence I ask.

So while all this may be true, there is no need to get worked up, we are all here to learn, and seeing as you seem to be quite knowledgeable about the Brno series, perhaps you can enlighten us and anyone who is looking for information in future. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated by all who learn anything from it I'm sure.
    I think you may be mistaking my astonishment for anger!

The reason I am astonished is that this is the fourth time in 3 different threads that I have asked Shooty to substantiate these claims, 3 of them have been done nicely by trying to enlighten him, hence my surprise when he again came out with the same alternative fact!

Each time I have just been ignored, I am still happy to be proved wrong with a link, picture or something of these mythical new Brno .22s.

I also find your excuse that it's ok for him to repeatedly post rubbish because he doesn't know anything about the subject ridiculous. He is not looking for information but rather giving out false information repeatedly as if it is good advice.

Imagine how Big T would respond if I went to every Glock thread and told people not to buy the Glocks that are made in Antarctica because my brothers wife's step aunties tennis partner bought one and it wouldn't feed RIP rounds, and then refused to show any proof of the existence of these firearms and just kept reposting this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: .22lr Izhmash or Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by DBSomeone View Post
    Yeah, I found one for R2300, I'd like to pay about R3000 maximum.

I'm definitely would rather spend the time to wait, where would you suggest I put the advert up? And that sounds awesome, congratz! I've also heard the classicarms auction being recommended but do you know when the next one is scheduled as I missed the one on the 3rd.

That is fair enough, but if I'm not mistaken, is this not why people like bolts with multiple locking lugs, which prevents the bolt from shifting and thus changing the consistency of each shot as with the over center linkage, no matter what you do, there will be guaranteed some kind of shift upon firing or if there is any play between the limbs of the linkage (which occurs over time due to wear and due to the length of each linkage, exaggerates the play).
    Yea on Gunsite. I'll definitely be helping out. Bump it every few weeks and just wait for a good deal.

Classicarms hold an auction about every 3 months and as far as I know the next one will be held at the War expo in Johannesburg. The best advice I can give is to do the viewing and sit in the auction. It is the best way to avoid disappointment wrt the gun's condition.

Yes the more I think about it the more I understand your logic. No bench guns have toggle actions and toggle actions DO have too many parts that can be out of sync. I would get one just to make my collection look complete...

User

Default Re: .22lr Izhmash or Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I am referring to the brand new models. Not the older BRNO Mark2's.

In the last 2-3 years there was quite a couple of new BRNO 22lr's that came out.
    They have nothing to do with CZ or the older reliable Mark2 or Mark1.

The new once have serious issues. All the once bought at local dealer here was sent back and customers refunded.
    They have light strikes and even no strikes.
    At one point it was said the bolt needs to be cut or modified by importers.
    But it seems this did not work at all to fix it.

So if you buy brand new. Buy CZ not BRNO.

If you buy older models the BRNO Mark 1 or Mark 2. That will work brilliant.
    There are no issues with them
    Shooty I do not remember the name exactly but were these perhaps called "Bruno"? I imagine seeing something like this at CityArms. It was a rather low quality firearm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3