User

Default Assistance in Identifying Mauser .22LR Model

Hi all, I was hoping that someone might be able to assist in identifying which model the Mauser in the posted photo's is.

It is a .22LR which has been in our family for several decades. An arms dealer once commented this model is close to 100 years (which I find hard to believe and which is also the reason for me asking for assistance on the forum).

I have tried to do some research and the closest guess I could get to was that it could possibly be a ES 340 (however that seems to have a metal buttplate whereas ours has a sort of plastic buttplate).

Some of the significant markings that I could find were:
    - Mauser-Werke AG Oberndorf A.N.
    - There are various letters all with crown looking markings above them: "B" "U" "G"
    - Numbers 459

I can obtain more photo's if necessary. Thanks in advance for everyone's assistance.

Default Re: Assistance in Identifying Mauser .22LR Model

Hi Visman, I have the same model rifle and have also had great problems trying to find the exact model. The action and general appearance is that of the 340 but the 340 was a single shot rifle, mine has a 5 shot mag. Could well be almost 100 years old, Mauser started making .22 rifles in 1920.
    PM me your email and I will send you some info.