Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Some more quick turnaround times at CFR...

Hi everyone,

very happy to report my competency to collect was approved today after just SIX WEEKS from handing in to approval - I know not everyone is getting the same treatment obviously but I am very happy and quite pleasantly surprised by this quick turnaround at CFR.

Regards

Werner

Default Re: Some more quick turnaround times at CFR...

You lucky fish!! Glad you got helped so quickly. Holding thumbs that mine takes less than the 3 months as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Indeed KaalvoetThysie, all the best!

Regards

Werner

User

That's not bad going Werner, have some friends busy with App's currently. Hope theirs goes as fast.

User

Congratulations!

Sometimes it also has to do with the DFO, as well as the time of the month.

From what I can gather, our DFO only makes 1 trip, per month, to hand in applications at provincial, who in turn, only make 1 trip per month up-country, to deliver apps to CFR.

My last application lay on my DFO's desk for 6 weeks, before even being captured (Sept 2016).

User
    In the middle of two mountains, between two oceans.

[/QUOTE]My last application lay on my DFO's desk for 6 weeks, before even being captured (Sept 2016).[/QUOTE]

Give your DFO a Big sMACk! He/she has two weeks to capture applications coming across their desk from date of receiving it. And they cant dispute the date as you have a receipt of payment for your app.

User

My last application lay on my DFO's desk for 6 weeks, before even being captured (Sept 2016).[/QUOTE]

Give your DFO a Big sMACk! He/she has two weeks to capture applications coming across their desk from date of receiving it. And they cant dispute the date as you have a receipt of payment for your app.[/QUOTE]
    6 weeks actually, according to their own directives.

User

To add to this thread, I received my sms last night that my renewal competency was approved.

Handed in to DFO on the 5th May and approved on the 12th June so just shy of 5 weeks. (Maybe less as I'm not sure how long it was at my DFO before they sent it to provincial)

Let's hope my handgun license renewal gets approved shortly as they where handed in at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

I'm pleasantly surprised as well. Submitted two license apps on 21st April and received SMS yesterday that both were approved. That's about 7 weeks from submission to approval. Hopefully it's ready for collection soon. Thank you SAPS!

User

Good to get some positive feedback as well and I suspect it is our lobyists who are helping all this along - thanks guys!

Regards

Werner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast