Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Alien Gear Holsters

Have a look at this review on 2.0. I cannot comment on the new 3.0 line

It's not all bad, but as always caveat emptor.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-0-IWB-Holster
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

I got my Alien Gear 3.0 from Rescomp, have been using it now for about a year, and I am quite happy with mine !

User

Was chatting again to Liz from alien gear overseas and she says if I can get another person to purchase 2 holsters with me or 2 people buying a holster each than we can all split postage as they can pack 4 holsters in a DHL box (the smallest $85 postage option) and than we can divide the postage which will help all parties and holsters will be cheaper direct.

Anyone keen to go in with me ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trundle View Post
    Have a look at this review on 2.0. I cannot comment on the new 3.0 line

It's not all bad, but as always caveat emptor.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-0-IWB-Holster
    Wow looks like you had quite a nightmare with you experience with Alien - I see you also paid some crazy prices yet your postage was a dream. I cannot comment but service I have been receiving from Liz overseas at Alien is phenomenal
    My quoted prices for an OWB and IWB 3.0 tuck is $74 (+/-R960.72 ) and postage $85 ( +/-R1103.52 ) at current exchange rate R1 - R13.00
    They offer a special price for buying 2 holsters as opposed to 1 (the 2 holster special )

See my issue with postage

User

I'd be surprised if anyone takes your up on your offer. No offence, you are new to the forum so nobody knows you.

As for shipping costs, that's the issue with importing if you aren't a bulk buyer. And you are buying at retail prices to start with.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Zabielski View Post
    Wow looks like you had quite a nightmare with you experience with Alien - I see you also paid some crazy prices yet your postage was a dream. I cannot comment but service I have been receiving from Liz overseas at Alien is phenomenal
    My quoted prices for an OWB and IWB 3.0 tuck is $74 (+/-R960.72 ) and postage $85 ( +/-R1103.52 ) at current exchange rate R1 - R13.00
    They offer a special price for buying 2 holsters as opposed to 1 (the 2 holster special )

See my issue with postage
    It will be cheaper to buy locally, and you get support - Rescomp or TacQM

However, rather buy from one of the local guys.

CKCS - Geoff Carter
    Quantum Carry - Matt Wright
    Daniels Holsters - Michael
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

sign up for aramex global shopper, have them ship to a US address then aramex forwards it to SA, R200 for an item less than 1kg. I usually do this for items that I cannot find locally.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    sign up for aramex global shopper, have them ship to a US address then aramex forwards it to SA, R200 for an item less than 1kg. I usually do this for items that I cannot find locally.
    This is great info thanks. Exchange rate + shipping + duties/ taxes = lots of crying sometimes even internal bleeding

User

Do yourself a favor and find a local supplier and order through them... aftermarket sales/service is a thing.

User

I can't speak for Alien holsters. But can definitely recommend CKCS, received mine (AIWB with the "claw") about 3 weeks ago and I have been carrying it full time, even slept with it on me for 2 evenings on the farm. Super comfy, conceals well and has a nice solid "click" when holstering the FA. Retention is good, also adjustable to personal preference, mine draws easy enough not to pull my pants up but holds well enough so that I can hold the FA upside down and the holster still retaining the FA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast