User

Default Just picked this up.

This is a Cold Steel SRK......Survival Rescue Knife. It is my understanding this is the standard issue knife for the Navy SEAL's during BUD/S training.

It's pretty okay as knives go. A plain Jane with a strong blade and a really sharp edge on it. I cut through 14' of 1" thick beadboard (styrofoam/polystyrene?).....a 4'X8' sheet of beadboard with a 4'X8' sheet of 1/4" thick foamcore taped to it (foam board?)....that I cut into 4'X4', 2'X4', 2'X2', 1'X2' and 1'X1' pieces. It's been my experience that, that shit is murder on a blade edge, especially the two together. When I'm cutting it using a matte knife (Stanley knife) I have to replace blades often.

The Cold Steel SRK has held it's edge beautifully.

Anyway.....I've wanted a nice fixed blade for a while, so I grabbed it last week at my LGS.
    Cold Steel SRK......
    OAL 10-3/4"
    Blade 6"
    Kraton handle
    5mm blade thickness
    8.8oz weight.

Cold Steel is located not all that far from me so any problems and I can take it in, easily. I made the lanyard.

There is only one problem. I cannot wear this on my person, whether open carry or concealed, in the State Of Commiefornia unless I am hunting or camping...or wearing it in the course of my job. No carry of knives with over a 3.4" blade length allowed in public. So it is on my tool belt. This state sucks the fun out of everything.

User

Default Re: Just picked this up.

That sucks!! Pretty knife tho, looks like a similar setup to the Glock knife?