Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Avoiding getting a PE in a big match...

Tayls, my son got the exact same PE from Paul Kucera.

We had 3 people counting his shots, (myself, my wife and Henk) and all agreed that he had 11 in his first mag, PK called Daniel out for only 10 in his first mag.

PK instructed all shooters not to come onto the stage, and proceeded to tell Daniel where he went wrong, something I should not have listened to and just walked onto the stage to assist my son.

Daniel argued his case, however PK would not accept it. It was interesting to note that Daniel said that PK only showed him shots 10 and 11, on the timer but not 12.
    Daniel being a junior did well, but unfortunately did not have the experience to argue his case nor ask for more timer info.

He accepted the PE and moved on.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

I had the same experience with the same SO at stage 9. I however did not accept the PE as I check my mags 3 times before every stage as part of my stage prep. When I told the SO that it was not possible and that his timer must have not picked up one of my shots he became rather flustered and said "ok fine never mind" and walked off. I didn't argue I just told my side in a nice way. It was my last stage for the shoot so perhaps by that point he had realised there might be something else to blame rather than so many people incorrectly loading their mags on his stage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Same thing happened to me. I have never received PE for capacity. The round count on that stage was 18 shots. I missed one head shot, filled it in, shot two extra shots on the hard cover targets. Both mags were empty, shot timer said I fired 19 rounds. I was so flabbergasted that I didn't insist on us counting bullet holes as there would have been 20. I took the PE and moved on. Right after me friend of mine shot, also got a PE for the same thing and after my PE, he made sure that his capacity was correct. He also did not want to argue not to look like a gamer.

User

If all shots are on target (even hard cover) it is much easier to defend your case.
    I have one of the ETS plastic mags that is my first mag. At the start of each stage with the SO looking I count the bullets in the mag before I load. That way I am sure and if he has a faulty timer it is easier to prove.
    IIRC our squad also had a pe on that stage.

Just checked some stats.
    Stage 9 has to most awarded PE's of all the stages at a total of 374 seconds second most is stage 13 at 338 seconds
    Stage 9 also has the most individuals awarded PE's at 71 people second most is stage 10 at 63 people.

User

Tays if its any consolation, the PE did not cost you a place. The shooter ahead of you had a time of 377.23 and you had 382.09. Even on my meagre maths, if three seconds are deducted from your time you would have ended up with 379.02.

Anyway you smoked me good.....that should be prize enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Just checked some stats.
    Stage 9 has to most awarded PE's of all the stages at a total of 374 seconds second most is stage 13 at 338 seconds
    Stage 9 also has the most individuals awarded PE's at 71 people second most is stage 10 at 63 people.
    Now that is interesting.
    I wonder how many PE's were overturned on stage 9? Either with the shooter contesting directly, or via an MD appeal?

I know another shooter in our squad that got a PE for pacing on the spot.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I have never received PE for capacity. The round count on that stage was 18 shots. I missed one head shot, filled it in, shot two extra shots on the hard cover targets. Both mags were empty, shot timer said I fired 19 rounds. I was so flabbergasted that I didn't insist on us counting bullet holes as there would have been 20. I took the PE and moved on. Right after me friend of mine shot, also got a PE for the same thing and after my PE, he made sure that his capacity was correct. He also did not want to argue not to look like a gamer.
    That last sentence makes no sense

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    That last sentence makes no sense
    You would think that eh.... When asking a question regarding a PE that was awarded for cover to another shooter in our squad I was told, "Nice try". Some of the SO's did not like being challenged or even asked a question.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User

We had the exact same fight on stage 9. Actually we had a few on that stage.
    From getting a PE for range failure (target head came off on first shot) to marching in one spot instead of moving to issues with an IWB holster and lastly the round count argument.

I did the following to avoid drama. When asked to load and make ready, I took my starting magazine, checked the capacity. Turned the magazine so the SO could see it and said loudly "11". Loaded it, racked the slide and did a my normal press check and holstered it. Took out my spare magazines and did the same to check capacity. Yes, I'm an asshole. An asshole without a PE mind you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trundle View Post
    Now that is interesting.
    I wonder how many PE's were overturned on stage 9? Either with the shooter contesting directly, or via an MD appeal?

I know another shooter in our squad that got a PE for pacing on the spot.
    Just had another look. As I was thinking about the figures last night.
    Stage 9 had 3 hont's and form a quick count it looks like around 49 Hont's has been awarded.
    Indecently stage 13 also had 49 hont's awarded.

So taking the Hont's out of the penalties for all the stages, stage 9 it comes down to 129 seconds of penalties.
    Comparing that to the other stages sans hont's, places it at 3rd most penalties(along with the standards stage) after Stage 5 "Hanger management" @ 153s (I got one here as well for dropping the briefcase) and stage 1 "wet willy" @ 147s

I'm not a statistician so I cannot comment on the significance of theses figures. But it does seem interesting.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast