User

Default Grips for Taurus 357 4" Satin Stainless

Hi guys!

Bought myself a Taurus 357 4" satin stainless handgun. It was very reasonably priced and we'll maintained. Trigger is very smooth.

The problem is that it is a fairly old model, possibly an 1980s production, has 'A 542' stamped inside and on inside of wooden grips. It looks like a 66 model and has adjustable sights. I was wanting to change wooden grips to Hogue or Pachmayr rubber grips but this firearm has two pins at the bottom of the square butt that don't allow the Hogue monogrip to slide on. Wooden grips are very large. I don't want to cut or remove anything from it as it is one of my dream guns.

Has anyone had a similar experience or some advice regarding rubber grips please?

Thanks in advance guys!

User

Default Re: Grips for Taurus 357 4" Satin Stainless

The pins at the bottom of the grip can be punched out, to allow the rubber grips to fit. Keep them with the wooden grips in case you want to revert to original configuration.

The Hogue grips for the medium frame Taurus are very comfortable and aid your control of the revolver. Try Guns & Bows in the Cape for Hogue. You could also import them from Hogue or Brownells. Usually they are cheaper from Brownells.

User

Thanks A-R

User

I also had an older model Taurus .357, wonderfull rollie! But the grip dimensions made fitting a Hogue grip impossible without some kind of modification. I cannot remember exactly what the issue was, but I had to take the grips back 😩There are two different grip styles if I remember correctly and the Hogue will only work with one of them