User

Default Newb introduction

Hi to everyone on the Gunsite forum.

I started my SD adventure in Oct 2014 when I completed my Competency at Ekurhuleni Shooting academy. Since then I have been stalking the gunsite forum, diligently reading each and every post and trying to absorb as much info from you guys as possible. After completing my comp I could never really 'pull the trigger' and carry through with my SD application. It all changed for us when they tried to break into our residence at 11pm on a Wednesday night whilst we were asleep in our bedrooms. Luckily I am a light sleeper and we heard the glass fragments falling on our dining room tiles. Instinctively I jumped up and pressed the panic button and I can say that never in my life have I ever been so fear stricken of the unknown darkness on the other side of our hallway. I cowered in the corner of my bathroom with my then pregnant wife and all we could do was pray that the alarm would scare them off.

ADT called almost immediately and had a car outside my residence in one minute. Problem was that they could not go further then my front gate and this was the biggest wake up call for me. Thank goodness they could not get further than breaking our window but you always think what if, what if, what if.......

We have since upgraded our perimeter beams as well as installing a massive electric fence as well as a separation gate in the passage way. Last on my list was SD which started in March 2017 with my Comp app (which was submitted on 20 March and approved on 17 May). I have since purchased myself a G19 Gen4 and i am awaiting license approval since 29 May. Although not ideal, the incident at my residence with the SAPS case number has really helped me justify my reasoning.

My plans for the immediate future is get as much info on my choice of SD and everything that goes with carrying a Glock as EDC, biggest of which is my EDC positioning which I will be asking once I have made my intro into the forum. I am also planning on enrolling for a shooting course of some sort before accepting my new responsibility. Only when you start researching on this forum do you really start to understand what a huge responsibility this is and how you need to plan your day to day life around it. It is not my goal for it to gather dust in my safe but lets see how it goes once the app is through.

Thanks again for all the info and I hope to learn a little more from the site each day.

Cheers for now.

User

Default Re: Newb introduction

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum.

Glad that nothing more happened with the break in. You can start researching SADPA aswell.

The waiting time to get your fire arm is the worst and most expensive as you get addicted to this site and then you read about re loading your own ammo, from there you see the guys and girls having fun with the Northern Nationals and you start to look for clubs to join.

Hope you get approved soon

Banned

Welcome

User

Quote Originally Posted by RoSsIkId View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Glad that nothing more happened with the break in. You can start researching SADPA aswell.

The waiting time to get your fire arm is the worst and most expensive as you get addicted to this site and then you read about re loading your own ammo, from there you see the guys and girls having fun with the Northern Nationals and you start to look for clubs to join.

Hope you get approved soon
    Thanks for the info. I have saved the site and will be checking them out shortly.

User

User

Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your incident. Hectic stuff! But if anything glad that it's pushed you into gear to get armed which is half the battle won. Next is training and more training.