Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: 8 Reasons Why the Ruger Mini-14 is Better Than the AR15 (4K UHD)

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    Apparantly the full auto (select fire) was only an illusion.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/The_A-Team...lding_stock.29

The AC556 (AC stands for automatic carbine) can mostly be distinguished from the Mini 14 by the bayonet lug and of course the select fire trigger group.

Must say I always found the stripping and reassembly of the darn things a real pain and schlep compared to AK's or any of the R series rifles.

My take personal take on them is that this is one of those concepts that look good on paper in the movies, but sucks a bit in real life.
    I'll be damned. Thanks.

User

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

^ yup
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

That is pretty much what everyone says 7although much of what that link says is summed up with "aftermarket" while the Mini seems to deliver from the box.

Personally, with the choice of gear in the USA I'd never even look at a Mini14, reliability, maintenance and spare mags seems to be an issue. AR all the way.

Here in SA even further removed from the supply chain?

User

Shit that video got me. Anybody want to swap a Daniel Defense M4 for their Mini 14?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Shit that video got me. Anybody want to swap a Daniel Defense M4 for their Mini 14?
    No but I'll buy your DD :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

User

There are a few guys in our club that have Mini 14s and they generally do ok with them. The number of AR's are slowly picking up, most still on R or LM. Getting aftermarket mods/parts for the Mini/R/LM seems to be a pain compared to AR, even Mini mags seem scarce at times. One thing bothers me though; the Mini's will sometimes penetrate plates that the other rifles will not, with the same ammo. Anyone that can explain this or is it just odd coincidence?

User

Barrel length and twist could be a factor?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2