Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Here we go again

Sorry Dominee..i won"t be in church this morning.

Went to look for jackal with the 204 last night.Farm only 22 k"s from my house.

Fortunately my buddy who came along brought his "06 as it seemed to be the night that the bushpig went roaming in the old lands.Saw 2,then another 4 then another 2 and we were like Laurel and Hardy on the back of the bakkie.

After a couple of really funny noob stuff ups we got the 204 swopped out for the "06 [we were calling jackal and set up with the 204 on the bakkie.The more things went wrong....could not find the 06 ammo,My buddy doing the shooting with a proper case of pig fever...then he could not pick up pigs in the scope....then the safety was on...then i would not light as the angle he had to shoot meant i would have been properly muzzle blasted.Then i got the giggles while the pigs were everywhere,comedy show of note.

Anyway my mate eventually got off a shot and we now have a hard hit pig that made it,only had to go 5m,into the thick stuff.

On my way back to find him with shotgun and jack russel.Hope we find him dead and that he did not suffer too much last night.My jackie is also getting on in years and i am starting to feel a bit guilty about putting him on a pig spoor.

Anyway,will give you chaps an update on the outcome...

User

Default Re: Here we go again

Now that sounds like a fun evening :)

User

Got her.dead.

20m into the bush...nice sow,"bout 80kg. Will post pic later,nicely coloured with white,grey,black and reddish brown markings.

Shot a little far back but damaged lungs and liver....at least no suffering,so good result.

User

Funny how many experienced pig hunters grab the shottie when face to face with a pissed off pig. I love my pig hunting but like to shoot in day time. I now grab my Beretta A400 xtreme each time - nothing compares when you want to stop a pig dead in its tracks. :)

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    Funny how many experienced pig hunters grab the shottie when face to face with a pissed off pig. I love my pig hunting but like to shoot in day time. I now grab my Beretta A400 xtreme each time - nothing compares when you want to stop a pig dead in its tracks. :)
    Do you use slugs or buckshot for the pissed off pigs?

User

I have used LG on pigs.
    All have been close range,none have moved after the shot, but all shots were well placed

Banned

He usually sends me to fetch them for him, with a 9 mm and a confidence inspiring " I am sure its dead just in a bit where we cant see it "
    Quote Originally Posted by grasbuffel View Post
    Do you use slugs or buckshot for the pissed off pigs?

Thanks. LG makes sense. I've shot wounded warthog with SSG before and it worked fine but I never shot bushpig. Treeman I hope you can run fast.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Banned

Hhhhm. And the sermon was especially for you .

Glad you found something.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    He usually sends me to fetch them for him, with a 9 mm and a confidence inspiring " I am sure its dead just in a bit where we cant see it "
    Are you free for my next Bushpig hunt?
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast