Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Under Siege... Please assist

Our idyllic lives in the countryside has changed forever. We have noted an increase in home invasions. We have experienced a flurry of home invasions, where people are ambushed when getting in, or out of their homes. The invaders, most recently are accessing homes in the middle of the night, whilst occupants are asleep, by cutting burglar bars and trellidors.

I appeal for advice on layers of security that serve as an early warning system.

I specifically need advice on alarm systems with beams. I require help with the types of systems as well as the best makes to acquire. I have used the search function and have noted names such as paradox and robogaurd. I nevertheless ask these questions as technology evolves, and I would like to draw on the latest experience of others.

As the entire community is under siege,it may be prudent to use the services of a security consultant, for which I ask for recommendations.

The last few nights, have been sleepless...Please Assist

We may also require the services of a private investigator, for which we require recommendations.
    Last edited by .45; 26-06-2017 at 12:10. Reason: Additional Info

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: Under Siege... Please assist

Which area are are you in?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Zeerust, in the North West Province.

User

Hi .45, you are welcome to give me a call.

082 827 9284

@Kreefstert
    Thank you. I will surely call a little later in the afternoon if that ok. Thanks once again

User

User

Since I dont know your specific circumstances, I will just give 1 piece of general advice, that I got from someone else:

Safety is where you create it.

So, YOU make a place safe, you don't find a safe place. If a community takes responsability for their own and their communities safety, the results will show up quickly. The BG's will move on to a "better" place to ply their trade.

@ A-R, I agree. It is with this mindset, that we as a community intend on a proactive change to our way of life. I therefore need advice on how to make our community a safer place. All help greatly appreciated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Since I dont know your specific circumstances, I will just give 1 piece of general advice, that I got from someone else:

Safety is where you create it.

So, YOU make a place safe, you don't find a safe place. If a community takes responsability for their own and their communities safety, the results will show up quickly. The BG's will move on to a "better" place to ply their trade.
    This is very true.

Also consider that it may feel like the criminals are everywhere it is usually just a few that are effecting a small community in this manner. Once they are caught the average crime rate should drop drastically.

If a gang of 4 do crime to just have something to eat they need to typically do one or two criminal activities a week to survive. When they use the proceeds of their crime for drugs and living the high life. Then they need to get more money more often and violence usually increases. This will quickly become evident and get a whole community on edge.

.45 I would suggest that you get your security in place and get your community in action.

User

Quote Originally Posted by .45 View Post
    @ A-R, I agree. It is with this mindset, that we as a community intend on a proactive change to our way of life. I therefore need advice on how to make our community a safer place. All help greatly appreciated.
    To be more specific:

In your residence, you build the layers of safety, preferably from the inside out.

In your community, you first need some leadership. This leadership must be open-minded enough to learn new tricks and improvise, and capable of mobilising people. Not always easy to find such a person(s).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast