Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Under Siege... Please assist

Quote Originally Posted by R_C View Post
    By "strained" do you mean adjusting the tension of the wire, and can the earthing loops easily be cut to create a section of the fence that can be parted can this be rigged to trigger an alarm if tampered with?

The ideas and info here are great. So many people have a simple electric fence setup and think its good to go.
    Yes, keep the tension, so as no slack in the fence. Makes it harder to climb through without setting off alarm.
    Not sure about the cutting of loops, should be rigged to set alarm , but then I'm no expert at all.
    As KW said there is a lot of new tech out there , but unfortunately most farms / older fenced properties have a very simple set up which leads to a false sense of security.

Also I have seen guys putting the first three strands at a the bottom close together to deter snakes. But it does seem to have high potential of killing the snake ( seen a few toasted at a Neighbour's place. ) which isn't ideal .

Regardless of the system maintenance, like with everything , is critical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Thanks, in my area there's not too much of a snake issue and its the two legged ones I'm more concerned about.

User

We live on a small holding in the east rand. We do have the whole property surrounded with normal height prefabricated walling. Our habitational structure have good safety gates fitted at all doors. The windows have built in burglar bars. It will make a noise and take a while for anyone to gain access. Outside at strategic locations i fitted solar powered motion activated led lights. We also have 3 boerboel dogs roaming the property. Touchwood so far no attempts to access the structure.
    I do keep the Beretta 9mm on the bedstand though. The 12 gauge pump action is in the safe a few steps away. Really hope i never need to use any of my weapons for self defence.
    We are linked to a security company that is close by and have remotes with emergency button however we do not have an alarm system in the structure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4