Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: CZ P10 Compacts in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    I've bought almost exclusively from people who give prices. I interpret it as if they're expensive if they don't post a price.

Its interesting how buying patterns differ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me as well

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    When I asked some shops about this practice (not S&O) of no prices unless by phone, they told me its because their competitors check their Facebook, etc posts with pricing on items and then their competitors try to undercut their prices by being cheaper.

I used to enjoy seeing prices on Facebook, saves time.
    Now its a bit of a nuisance. Sometimes I phone a store (not S&O) and nobody answers because they are busy.
    Then I phone later and get through to the lady at the phone
    I get put through to the ammo section and the phone keeps ringing, and then returns to the same person. She apologizes and says they are busy and then sends the call through again.
    Then I get to someone at the ammo section and he doesn't know about the ammo I'm talking about and then has to find the guy who posted it on the company FB page.
    Then he finds him and gives me the price.
    This is definitely not easier than seeing the prices on FB or websites etc.

Anyway, we're kinda clogging up this dealer's thread. Maybe one of the mods can move this to a new thread in a different section about this practice ?
    Or, when you phone in, you get through to people who don't know the item advertised or the price, they say that they are too busy, and that you should email them an enquiry. They then take ages to reply to the email.

Some people just dont get how a business works...... Posting prices everywhere gives competitors a look on what you ask to better your price. Most dealers do not provide prices online(hence pages responding privately on FB) you want the edge above others in retaining customers. Making a 20 second phone call does not cost you a house.

Why would you check S&O prices on facebook.
    Just go on their website. The Specials are up weekly. And even reduced items. I even get regular emails with price specials on.

At this point in time. I dont want to know what the P10 cost. I would like to go view one in CPT area. Ill worry about price after I see it.

As long as they dont have a Rami in stock. Because I will walk out with a 271 in hand.

Year ago walked into CPT shop. To look at Hoppes Cleaning Rod. Walked out with a CZ455 22lr. 271 form. I wasnt even in the market. But it was so nice to hold it. lol.

User

It just makes sense to post a price online. This is the way most people shop around these days. I do not have time to phone fifty different places for a price.
    and by people constantly phoning your business,you take staff away from customers who are in your store to actually purchase goods.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedelight View Post
    It just makes sense to post a price online. This is the way most people shop around these days. I do not have time to phone fifty different places for a price.
    and by people constantly phoning your business,you take staff away from customers who are in your store to actually purchase goods.
    Read the post above yours.... now tell me again how much sense it makes to post a price?

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Read the post above yours.... now tell me again how much sense it makes to post a price?
    Because a competitor can't pick up the phone, ask what the price is and adjust his own accordingly?

This secret agent crap wrt online pricing is stupid and only serves to get people's backs up. If you're going to use an online platform to try and sell your wares, put the damn price on too!

User

Quote Originally Posted by marcvbsa View Post
    Because a competitor can't pick up the phone, ask what the price is and adjust his own accordingly?

This secret agent crap wrt online pricing is stupid and only serves to get people's backs up. If you're going to use an online platform to try and sell your wares, put the damn price on too!
    I guess I'll have to decipher post #14,

Guy walks in for 1 thing salespeople sales ... he walks out with more things .... gun shop wins, guys happy he cries a bit but he is happy

How does this not make more sense?

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Guy walks in for 1 thing salespeople sales ... he walks out with more things .... gun shop wins, guys happy he cries a bit but he is happy

How does this not make more sense?
    Am I missing something, how does not posting a price on FB/website make someone buy more things than if the store posted their prices online ?
    Surely said person will visit the shop in both situations if they want to buy something. And in both situations they are likely to spend more.

I recall quite a few times where I saw a price advertised on FB, such as with Tim at Tactical .22, and then see ammo at a good price and make a plan to go there and buy some.
    I didn't even need the ammo that month, but Tim's price was so good that I had to buy some. If it was another store that was by call only, I probably wouldn't have bothered as I didn't need ammo at the time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Am I missing something, how does not posting a price on FB/website make someone buy more things than if the store posted their prices online ?
    Surely said person will visit the shop in both situations if they want to buy something. And in both situations they are likely to spend more.

I recall quite a few times where I saw a price advertised on FB, such as with Tim at Tactical .22, and then see ammo at a good price and make a plan to go there and buy some.
    I didn't even need the ammo that month, but Tim's price was so good that I had to buy some. If it was another store that was by call only, I probably wouldn't have bothered as I didn't need ammo at the time.
    Foot traffic
    You have to be there to be sold, not saying it is the only answer, saying that it is also a valuable marketing tool.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast