Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    Training a dog to not accept food from a bunch of your friends is great, until the day something unexpected happens to you and you cannot be there to feed to dog
    Had that problem on a mountain rescue where the owner didn't make it.

User

Default Re: Counter-poison dog training?

If you insist on using the pellet gun method to rectify your dogs behaviours it shows that you do not understand a thing about dogs. A dog is seposed to be your best friend . I have been breeding dogs and training dogs for the last 10 years an never did I ever hear of this before. It Is simply animal cruelty an the spca should be informed of this. If you shoot the dog in it's eye he will looses his eyesight. Then what.Learn to bond with your dog my friend an.will.die for you. Just a question would you like it if our kids teachers shot them with a pellet gun every time they got a Sum wrong.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Because some of us learned from it...WTF TIMS???
    Really, what did you learn Meteor? Are you another unsafe shooter , who thinks that safety equipment and rules need not apply ? Do you also shoot dogs under the guise of training them ? What are you actually trying to debate here? Please defend the indefensible.

Banned

My dogs are alive - they live among sheep and jackal area's 2/3 times a month and I live 1 km from a informal settlement, they do poison dogs round here. But hey lets whine and call it disgusting while discussing Bull Fighting as maybe its OK cause its long standing.Training colors are shop bought so they alright or is it that puppet was told its alright?, we dart animals - thats alright, we ( not me) cut his balls off for his own good, but stinging his but in a calculated manner, in a thought out procedure is wrong. My dogs live with me - I mean LIVE with me, we fish hunt hike together, I will push what you find acceptable if I know it will some day save my dog. I do not really believe in hitting dogs, perhaps as a puppy, but have found that hitting a noise thing near or beside them as effective. Older dogs train purely by implied displeasure.My dogs sleep where they want inside or outside, the door is opened at bed time and they decide, my dog is in car with me all day (and I get kakked out by the self imposed know better persons(who's dogs are locked up all day)) - "awe shame ! is'nt your dog getting hot in the bakkie ?" " yes it is getting hot, F'nnn hot, but there is no place it would rather be". Tomorrow morning which ever dog wants to ride with will be sitting staring at the bakkie door, usually both of the poor mistreated creatures are ready rip my seats up in their excitement.
    I can take them any where and they will not embarrass me, nor will they wonder of and get lost, they will not take food from strangers nor pick up scraps, they are friends and pets and no body else's pest.Unlike so many peoples locked up and bored stiff cant take anywhere neighbors night mare dogs that so many "KIND" dog lovers have.
    SSP - I am not going to argue with you, you know better and it will not be that I can win, the only thing i agree in your post is,
    E-collars are one of the most abused pieces of training equipment, and for that reason seldom recommended by anyone who knows what they are doing. They also have settings far, far in excess of what is required for a correction.
    They should be banned --but yea what would a self confessed animal abuser know. I am off now to watch a movie with my boy, the dogs are on the couch - (they allowed on bottom room couch, I can trust they will not chew it or piss on it, cause I trained them)
    Actually a bit irritated.My dogs are alive in a dangerous environment, what is your suggested methods ?
    In a way its good to see that people care enough about other peoples dogs to get pissed off, but for now, Tims -- show your righteous indignation.
    My abused dogs enjoying the good life they afforded

Oh yea one more thing, "what were your dogs doing at these times"
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    That is why it is so hard to comment on unconventional methods right?

User

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    Really, what did you learn Meteor? Are you another unsafe shooter , who thinks that safety equipment and rules need not apply ? Do you also shoot dogs under the guise of training them ? What are you actually trying to debate here? Please defend the indefensible.
    Dear Tims. If a man can openly discuss his mistakes people learn from them. The end.

User

WOA wait, not the end. Let me rephrase. If a man can openly discuss his mistakes WE can learn from it. If he can be shown a better way HE can also learn from it.

Please continue...

Treeman. You think that shooting a dog with a pellet gun is acceptable training? And you think electric collars should be banned? That is odd.

There is no way you can justify shooting a dog in order to train it to do anything. It's just wrong.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Does it matter?
    Only if you had a childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    So much for paintball.

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    Training a dog to not accept food from a bunch of your friends is great, until the day something unexpected happens to you and you cannot be there to feed to dog
    My uncle had a dog that didn’t eat until he was told he could eat.
    Not by him as the owner alone, other people as well.

I know he went away for the weekend and forgot to tell the dog he could eat.
    So one could argue what if it had been longer?

But the fact remains, that dog would not be poisoned, unless some criminal knew the dog’s commands. Dunno how he achieved this, but I am damn sure it wasn’t sweet talk or treats.

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Dunno how he achieved this, but I am damn sure it wasn’t sweet talk or treats.
    Pellet gun maybe? I have also heard many urban legends about digs that starved to death because they were so well trained etc etc. Bottom line is that when a dog is hungry, and it's alone, survival will win and it will eat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast