User

Default Compentency expiry date

So I get different feedback depending who I talk to. Does your competency expire or doesn't it? Mine still has a date on it, showed expired 2012 but I successfully applied for new licenses after that already. Friends of mine does not have a date on their certificate.

Default Re: Compentency expiry date

Mine original comp card had a date on it so I renewed it. My "new" print out doesn't. They say your competency is valid as long as your licence. So if you keep buying firearms on that competency it gets continuously extended.

User

The original argument was if it has a expiry date, that is when it expires.

If it doesn't have an expiry date on it is valid as set out in the fca (read the quoted text on printout version)

That being said with cfr not being constant, the safest is assume it is valid for only the period of the 1st firearm license issued with it.

Steve, you are incorrect. While the competency remains valid for the duration of your last license against that competency, after 10 years, IIRC, you will no longer be able to apply for new licenses against that competency, without renewing it first.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

So if you dont own a gun but have a competency it will need to be renewed after 5 or 10 years

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if things have changed in interim my DFO didn't even want to renew my competency - I had to insist. Where do you get the 10 Years from?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mjho...6288820397013/
    This is interesting reading on how the police see the validity of competencies.

Confusing to say the least.