Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Applying For Semi-auto Shotgun

Hi All

I've bought a semi-auto shotgun and started getting some of the documents together. I've been told that it's very difficult to successfully apply for a semi-auto license. Would you recommend I get a professional to do the motivation? (I have successfully applied for 3 other firearms previously). Would anyone perhaps be willing to share a motivation for a semi-auto that was successfull?

Worth noting that I'm a SA Hunter and Conservation member and have dedicated sport shooter status with them.

Thanks
    Jacques

User

Default Re: Applying For Semi-auto Shotgun

No more difficult then any other licence, doing it yourself would be fine.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...s-and-Examples
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-SHOTGUN-guide

User

Just licenced a semi-auto shotty, waiting on plastic. Motivation was 1 page typed with the usual docs from shooting association.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    Just licenced a semi-auto shotty, waiting on plastic. Motivation was 1 page typed with the usual docs from shooting association.

Thanks. This gives me hope. Hope you get your card soon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction View Post
    No more difficult then any other licence, doing it yourself would be fine.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...s-and-Examples
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-SHOTGUN-guide
    Thanks. I'll look through the posts for an example.

User

Quote Originally Posted by jacquesster79 View Post
    Thanks. This gives me hope. Hope you get your card soon.

"MOTIVATION*FOR A NEW FIREARM LICENCE FOR DEDICATED SPORT SHOOTING*

TYPE:*Semi-Automatic Action Shotgun

MAKE:*Franchi

MODEL:*500

CALIBRE:*12-Gauge

SERIAL NUMBER:

The purpose of this tube magazine fed, semi-automatic action 12-gauge shotgun is to compete in NHSA In-house Postal Target Shooting Events and the Annual National Postal Target Shooting Competitions’ Shotgun Falling Steel Plate and Gong Shooting Exercises as well as the more traditional Clay Target Shooting Exercises.

This particular shotgun was manufactured in Italy in 1981 by Luigi Franchi S.p.A. The most popular shotgun gauge by far is the 12-gauge and as such ammunition is commonly available and fairly inexpensive. I do not own any shotguns and thus the need for this firearm is self-evident.

I have a letter from the NHSA (National Hunting & Shooting Association) endorsing this firearm for the purposes stated.

I am 37 years old and a healthy, stable and a conscientious firearm owner. I am proficient and competent to handle firearms safely and I comply with all statutory requirements to own firearms.

I appreciate your favourable consideration of this application."

That's about all I said regarding the shotty. That took up half a page. First half dealt with my details etc.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    "MOTIVATION*FOR A NEW FIREARM LICENCE FOR DEDICATED SPORT SHOOTING*

TYPE:*Semi-Automatic Action Shotgun

MAKE:*Franchi

MODEL:*500

CALIBRE:*12-Gauge

SERIAL NUMBER:

The purpose of this tube magazine fed, semi-automatic action 12-gauge shotgun is to compete in NHSA In-house Postal Target Shooting Events and the Annual National Postal Target Shooting Competitions’ Shotgun Falling Steel Plate and Gong Shooting Exercises as well as the more traditional Clay Target Shooting Exercises.

This particular shotgun was manufactured in Italy in 1981 by Luigi Franchi S.p.A. The most popular shotgun gauge by far is the 12-gauge and as such ammunition is commonly available and fairly inexpensive. I do not own any shotguns and thus the need for this firearm is self-evident.

I have a letter from the NHSA (National Hunting & Shooting Association) endorsing this firearm for the purposes stated.

I am 37 years old and a healthy, stable and a conscientious firearm owner. I am proficient and competent to handle firearms safely and I comply with all statutory requirements to own firearms.

I appreciate your favourable consideration of this application."

That's about all I said regarding the shotty. That took up half a page. First half dealt with my details etc.

Good luck!

Thanks so much!

User

Thanks so much!

You're most welcome.

Just an update: I've submitted my application for a Beretta A300 in October and got the sms yesterday to tell me that the application was approved. Thanks for the help and advice.

User

Just an update: I've submitted my application for a Beretta A300 in October and got the sms yesterday to tell me that the application was approved. Thanks for the help and advice.

Awesome man. Congratulations! You must be stoked. Hope the card is printed super quick!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast